Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Calendar

Google Calendar

I sync with the Android Calendar App which then syncs with my Google Calendar App on my phone. All this works great. Where I am having trouble is the stuff on my phone is not getting to the desktop version. I think it has something to do with events versus reminders, events work but reminders don't, and I tried searching on Google first but to be brutally honest that is brutal and I have better luck with the gurus here. Looks like the Outlook calendar events now end up as reminders which show up on the phone but not on the desktop. Is there a DejaOffice setting somewhere, or a Google calendar setting somewhere for this to work. Something must have changed because this was working before.
    Last edited by bobinraymoremo; 01-09-2016 at 09:55 AM.
    Samsung Note 8 Android 7.1.1
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010
    Sync: WiFi

Bob, before I reply can you clarify some things:

> I sync with the Android Calendar App which then syncs with my Google Calendar App on my phone.

Are you saying you use CompanionLink to sync Outlook to DejaOffice, DejaOffice to Native Calendar, and Native Calendar to Google?

> but reminders don't,

Reminders is an Apple word for Tasks. Until Apple used it this way, Reminders in Outlook are Calendar and Task ALARMS.

Do you mean Tasks, or do you mean Alarms? Alarms should sync fine all the way through. So I think you are talking about Tasks.

Android has no native Task apps. Google Tasks are "broken" by hardly having any task fields. No priority, no status. They don't sync to Android.

So to get a "Task" from DejaOffice, to Native, to Google Calendar, you need to make a Calendar appointment for it. Google does not sync Tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Bob, before I reply can you clarify some things:

> I sync with the Android Calendar App which then syncs with my Google Calendar App on my phone.

Are you saying you use CompanionLink to sync Outlook to DejaOffice, DejaOffice to Native Calendar, and Native Calendar to Google?
    That is the process that I use. I can enter an event on the Android Calendar and it goes to the Google Calendar App to Google Calendar Desktop, or entered on the Google Calendar App or the Google Calendar Desktop and it ends up on all three.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    > but reminders don't,

Reminders is an Apple word for Tasks. Until Apple used it this way, Reminders in Outlook are Calendar and Task ALARMS.

Do you mean Tasks, or do you mean Alarms? Alarms should sync fine all the way through. So I think you are talking about Tasks.

Android has no native Task apps. Google Tasks are "broken" by hardly having any task fields. No priority, no status. They don't sync to Android.

So to get a "Task" from DejaOffice, to Native, to Google Calendar, you need to make a Calendar appointment for it. Google does not sync Tasks.
    I told you the google searching was brutal. Lets forget about the terms, basically using the above procedure the only all day events or appointments that don't make the long journey are the ones I enter on Outlook or DejaCalendar first. Although if I enter an appointment on DejaCalendar it does sync to the Google Calendar app and the Android Calendar app just not to the desktop. Does that help clarify? If you need more info just let me know.
    Last edited by bobinraymoremo; 01-13-2016 at 07:09 AM.
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

DJOCTO any update on this situation?
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

Bump to the top again
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

Once a week bump to the top. Is anybody out there?
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

Another weekly bump to the top. Any kind of acknowledgement would be fine like 'get lost - you are dead to us' or 'haven't a clue' or 'need more info' or 'working on it'. Something please!!!!
    Last edited by bobinraymoremo; 02-04-2016 at 08:18 AM.
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

Bob, sorry for the non-response. For the last two, I've just been busy with the move.

I'm confused in your first post that "events work but reminders don't". I can't figure out what you are calling reminders. Are you calling all-day appointments reminders? Or Tasks, Or Event Alarms?

Without knowing what you call a "reminder" I can't help further. You always have the option of calling CompanionLink Technical support http://www.companionlink.com/support/ or submitting at ticket there for immediate results.
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 02-05-2016 at 09:13 AM.

This forum has worked for me before I am happy here now that you have responded.

Let's forget about terms. If I enter a calendar entry on outlook it ends up on DejaCal when I sync and then to my google calendar app and android calendar app. But it does not end up on my google calendar desktop. If I enter a calendar entry on dejacal it ends up on outlook when I sync and immediately to my google calendar app and android calendar app. But neither of these end up on my google calendar desktop. So I thought it was a google sync problem.

So I entered an entry on the google calendar app and it sync'd to both the android calendar app and google desktop app. The same for an entry on either google calendar desktop or android calendar app. So it appears to me that the google stuff is working and the deja stuff is not.

Does this help?
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

Just did an online ticket, GNH-208-96408
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010