Thread: Feature Request - Snooze Alarm X mins before event

Feature Request - Snooze Alarm X mins before event

Hi,

Just like Outlook provides (and I synchronize with Outlook on Windows) when I get a reminder, I would really like to be able to snooze until 15mins or an hour BEFORE the due time. This is because I will set a reminder some days before an appointment, as a broad reminder. THEN, I want to be able to be reminded in a timeframe BEFORE the event that reflects the time I might need to get to the appointment. This may be 15mins before for a normal meeting, or 2 hours before for a flight at the airport.

I know I could try to use "Custom Snooze" but then I have to do calculations, which I may well get wrong.

Perhaps there could be a "Custom Snooze Before" option.

Thanks for considering this.

Cheers,
    Les

What's in my mind is to provide two alarms. This matches an iOS capability. That way you can do a 2-day alarm, and a 15 minute alarm both on one appointment. I'll be sure to put this in our current new release internally named DJOA2016 which will probably be released as DejaOffice 4.

Feature Request - Snooze Alarm X mins before event

Hi DJOCTO,

Thanks for your reply, that is an interesting approach, but I'm not sure how that is going to synchronize with Outlook. I use DJO on Android to create appointments, but more-so to be able to sync appointments with Outlook (on Windows rather than iOS), where I make most of them. In any case, the idea of two appointments does not really address my need, as I'd have to know when I want the second reminder, at the time that I set the reminder(s)/appointment, and I want to decide the second reminder at the time that the first reminder triggers.

If I have an appointment at 3pm on the 6th June I may set a reminder a week before, if I have to do something for the appointment then. At THAT point I may want to snooze until 2 hours before the appointment as I think I may forget. Then, at that point, when the 2hrs before reminder sounds, I may want to snooze that until 20mins before, because I know it will take me 20mins to get to the appointment by bike. If it is raining, I may want to snooze till 40mins before, because I will drive (or catch a bus, etc.)

These examples (and there are many more) show that the key is to set the snooze time to some time BEFORE the appointed time, without having to calculate what that elapsed time might be (from NOW) to be able to use Custom Snooze.

So, just like the person who wants to stay in bed, I want more snooze options, rather than alarm options :-) - just kidding, but I hope you get where I'm coming from.

Is THAT a possibility? DJO would just have to do the calculation itself of what X-mins/hours/days BEFORE the event that it needs to snooze for. And ideally, I'd like to be able to specify that, rather than (or as well as?) just being given "canned" options of 5mins, 10mins, 15mins, 30mins etc. I would guess that this would be easier to sync with outlook too, as it would just be an alarm time setting.

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Cheers,
    Les