Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New UI for Calendar and elsewhere

New UI for Calendar and elsewhere

To All,

Our team is hard at work with the new UI. You can participate. Download the inhouse beta, and turn on the new interface. Check it out.

Mostly changes to Calendar views for now.

Download from this link on your phone:

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...DejaOffice.apk

Then go to Settings, General settings, - last item is "New Interface", check this option.

That's it. Enjoy!

Have to wait until I'm home from work, but I'll give this a shot tonight.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

I like it so far. The changes are subtle so far, but very eye pleasing. I was worried about you going overboard on Materiel Design including taking away the black UI option, but while you have gone to a flatter graphic style in keeping with MD, and it is actually quite attractive, you have kept it from going to the garish, cartoony look of a lot of MD. The first thing I do after installing an alternative ROM, by the way, ids to theme Android in black.

Well done, so far! I approve!
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

As Hook already said: Well done! Looks much more 'today' ... I'll keep it activated.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

I also like it, thank you.
    But (German) translations are (not yet?) implemented...
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

Quote Originally Posted by ProTel-BS View Post
    I also like it, thank you.
    But (German) translations are (not yet?) implemented...
    German is in - except for this new function to switch to the new UI. Where do you see untranslated strings?
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

Calendar day view title line today displays:
    Februar 19, 2016, Week 7 Day 5
    instead of:
    19. Februar 2016, Woche 7 Tag 5
    (old, not longer used: Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100) with Android 4.1.2 (German language))
    Doogee Dagger DG550 with Android 4.4.2 (German language)
    CL 7 build 7022
    DJO for Android 4.1.6 (924)
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
    Outlook 2010 32bit, SP2
    Sync: ADB Mode (DejaConnect USB)
    Sync only with one single PC

OK, missed that one. Single day view shows week instead of Woche as well.

DJOCTO, you take care of that, will ya ? ;-)

I found another minor quibble. In day view, which I rarely use, when you have the dark UI, the hours on the grid become barely readable with white text on a light gray background. Or is that just how my phone screen/brightness settings handle things?

Ok. I'll switch to Dark UI...