Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New UI for Calendar and elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle 3 View Post
    For adding or editing Tasks, the Priority field is down the page a ways and I have to scroll down to select the priority that I want. On the old interface the Priority is on top. I use Category and Priority for tasks a lot so it's a little inconvenient with the new Priority placement.
    ... and the field "start date" is also far away from "due date". Please change this back as it was before!

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

You guys don't let me change anything!

Outlook is the only tool that uses start date. I'm not an Outlook person, and always feel it is extraneous.

However, our rule is to follow Outlook so we will move start date to above due date.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    You guys don't let me change anything!
    Never change a running system! ;-)

BTW, a quite useful chance would be a "today" button in the date picker (eg http://bit.ly/1qTI3Fw). Especially when editing "old" recurring events it is always a pain to switch manually to "now".

Outlook is the only tool that uses start date. I'm not an Outlook person, and always feel it is extraneous.
    How can you say that, if you are not using it? ;-)

Unfortunately (!) OL is state of the art and the only PIM supported by the software suites for lawyer offices in Austria ...

However, our rule is to follow Outlook so we will move start date to above due date.
    Thanks!

Michael
    CL 6052 on Win10 & Outlook 2013 @office

DejaOffice 4.4.19 (1131)
    Samsung Galaxy A3 2017, Android 8.0.0, German Language
    - Direct USB Sync (mass storage)

> How can you say that, if you are not using it? ;-)

I use it every day. I just don't like it.

For primary scheduling - if you call me and say "let's meet next thursday", I'll pop up Palm Desktop and schedule it. I can pop that up, schedule and close it before Outlook even opens. I use CompanionLink with DCL to keep my Outlook synchronized.

> How can you say that, if you are not using it? ;-)

I use it every day. I just don't like it.

For primary scheduling - if you call me and say "let's meet next thursday", I'll pop up Palm Desktop and schedule it. I can pop that up, schedule and close it before Outlook even opens. I use CompanionLink with DCL to keep my Outlook synchronized.
    See, there's your mistake. You're not supposed to close Outlook.
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 9), May 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

> See, there's your mistake. You're not supposed to close Outlook.

But I want to use my computer for important things that are not Outlook... Techy Geeky things.

> See, there's your mistake. You're not supposed to close Outlook.
    But I want to use my computer for important things that are not Outlook... Techy Geeky things.
    And OL does hurt
    I have OL open all day ... next to a Linux VM, SAP ERP, Qt dev studio, UE Studio, Terminal software, Editors .... and much more .... no issue with keeping OL open
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

DJO 4.1 is now live as of April 19th. This completes six months of work to try to update the UI without impacting current users.

Hello, with the newest overnight verson 901 this issue

"New UI
    A slight glitch in the most recent version (864), the week-days do not appear any more in the new UI in horizontal week grid view. I suppose this will be corrected in one of the next nightlies."

is now resolved on the 2 devices I use most frequently (Samsung tab and phone S4) haven't checked the others.
    Many thanks for everything, I can only encourage you to keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Oyle; 04-22-2016 at 11:58 PM.
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build # 8038
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 9; One UI Version 1.0))
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.22 (1159)
    DPC Build 1126
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: Currently not selected
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Currently not selected
    DJO Sync Settings for Tasks: Both ways

Hi,

Using a dark/black colorscheme the due-date is hard to spot in the popup-calendar you get when you want to change the due-date. It's not exactly easy to spot on white colorscheme either. Could you give it some background color instead of a slightly differenty color line?
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.21 (1140) - generally up-to-date normal release channel via Playstore , CompanionLink 8030
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)