Thread: Notification in case scheduled syncs fail for x amount of time

Lightbulb Notification in case scheduled syncs fail for x amount of time

For the same reasons outlined in this thread:
    http://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sho...7779#post17779
    there is high chance that DejaOffice is unable to maintain a continuous synchronized state on an Android device.

Would be good to have an option to be notified if syncs fail for x amount of time.

Since the cause of the problem is on the Android device, it would be logical to have the notification on the PC in CompanionLink.
    While CompanionLink tries to sync every x minutes (if the user sets so), at the moment there is no feedback whatsoever even if sync failed for several days.

Just trying to understand here. Both CL and DJO give you the date and time of the last completed sync. So you are asking for a pop-up notification if last sync time stamp is older than X? (I don't work for CL by the way, just a curious user )

To me, this is covered by a) checking the dates and b) noticing that items are missing on one end or the other. And, with both of those, I'm probably going to notice faster than any reasonable X I could set the notifications to. What syncing scenario are you applying this to? Wifi would be my guess, which I don't use, so I may be missing the usefulness of the notification. DejaCloud, which I use, is push. Sync is almost instantaneous, so you notice right away when there is a glitch (they are rare and, especially since you can't distinguish whether the glitch is the server or some router along the route unless you do a "tracert", you just wait them out and they usually pass). With any kind of wired sync, you are going to know if the sync succeeded or not.

So I'm not seeing the value of going to that trouble for one sync method unless it is easy to do (which I'm not sure interacting with the Android and/or Windows notifications systems is).
    DejaOffice PC CRM Standalone Build 1126, Windows 10 Home Version ver. 1903
    DejaOffice 4.4.21 (Android), Moto G6, stock Android 8.0.0), Feb 2019 security patch.*
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2), June 2019 security patch.
    DejaCloud Sync.

*Temporary phone after my Nexus 6p died, holding out for this phone as a replacement: https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

Lightbulb Pop-up in case of failed Wi-Fi sync without it, unsynced state would go unnoticed

Yes, for Wi-Fi sync would it be useful.

Moreover, hovering over the CompanionLink icon in the taskbar (what can be seen in case you opt to sync continually) will not tell you the last successful sync time instead, it reports the last ATTEMPT, regardless of its result.

I would love to see this also. I use wi-fi sync and find that there are times when the sync has failed and I am unaware until I open DejaOffice.
    Last edited by Alan@work; 01-21-2016 at 08:58 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    CL 8016
    DJO 4.4.7 (1069)
    Local Wi-Fi sync
    DJO sync settings: Sync with Android Contacts App, No sync with Android Calendar App
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android Version 8.0.0
    PC Win 10 64 bit
    Outlook 2016

Alan, I sent this to the developer.

Thank you.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    CL 8016
    DJO 4.4.7 (1069)
    Local Wi-Fi sync
    DJO sync settings: Sync with Android Contacts App, No sync with Android Calendar App
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Android Version 8.0.0
    PC Win 10 64 bit
    Outlook 2016