+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will there be any problems running on new Galaxy S7?

Will there be any problems running on new Galaxy S7?

I'm getting ready to order my upgrade to a Galaxy S7 EDGE which will run on Marshmallow OS Android 6.0. And I just want to be sure that DejaOffice will run correctly on this new OS. I've been running DejaOFFICE for 4 years now first on a Droid X and then on a Galaxy S5 and I want to be sure that all will be okay on Android 6. Thanks.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

RJOLMMD, I have one on order too. I'm supposed to get it on March 10th.

The Developer console says we currently have 2170 people using Android 6 (out of 114k total). We have not seen any particular Android 6 issues.

As far as the edge display, I think it works to display notifications from DejaOffice. Right now the Edge SDK is not allowing us to do anything special yet. But it may be coming.

I've been using Android 6.0 and 6.0.1, both stock and alternate ROM versions since November and have run into no issues with Deja Office.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Thank you both! I was reasonably certain that DJO would do just fine with Android 6.0. And now with this knowledge, I'll go and "pre-order" my Galaxy S7.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

+ Reply to Thread