+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Syncing task location or project with Outlook

Syncing task location or project with Outlook

Hi again,

I found it a good idea to have a location field for tasks. So I used it for instance to group shopping tasks by shopping location.
    Now I detected that the location field isn't synced with Outlook.

Is there any possibility to get the location or project or any other additional text field (in a DO task) synced with Outlook tasks?
    Alternatively: Is there an option to get the location and/or project field mapped with any other Outlook task field (I. e. "Account")?

Greetings, Halweg
    Samsung Galaxy Note IV, Android 6.01, Outlook 2010 German, Windows 7,WiFi sync

halweg, I've been discussing this with the team.

I had hoped we could use the Company field, or make a custom form with the Location field. Neither one is coming out nice in our tests.

I think for now we will add text to the Note:

Note if it was entered

Something like that. This will be a CL Change. Look for it in the CL Beta in about a week.
    http://www.companionlink.com/inhouse/

Thanks for considering DJOCTO.
    A task field mapping would be better. This makes it easier to handle location/project information in Outlook and offers grouping / sorting / changing in groups. There still should be task fields in Outlook free for mapping (I. e. "Billing Information", "Company" and "Mileage").

Greetings, Halweg

Btw.: I had some other wishes in the past (calling prepared views directly from app launcher, clarification of syncing limits with the local android calendar) - how can I assure to still have this topics on your list?

How about this issue?
    I've got CLE Version 6 (thanks again for the free upgrade). But to get any new Features I must pay for an Update (40 $) . So please let me know, if anything considering location/project syncing (2way syncing) or considering my other wishes, see post above, was done. So the new version will be worth to be paid ...

Greetings, Halweg

Of course the new version is worth it! ;-)

Actually there are some new changes in Wi-Fi sync pairing that make CL7 much better than CL6 for Wi-Fi sync.

Location - that will be an ongoing thing. This week has been exhausting. Bringing the 4.1 release to this many people means a lot of side issues. Let me get that settled down.

When you say location could be transferred over the notes field:
    Does this mean a 2way sync?

Currently I've no problems with CLE 6 beside the ones above.
    I had this issues in the past and following your mentioned "considerations" I still hope to get resolved at least one of it.

Greetings, Halweg

Yes, two-way sync.

Two way sync for tasks location field and or project field for Outlook users?
    That would be a good thing. Finally I will be able to group my "outdoor" tasks by location without losing the option for syncing!

I try to stay tuned to catch the moment this feature is realized, this would be the right moment for an update.

Greetings, Halweg

I found something about Tasks Location syncing in your release notes and so bought an update to version 7. Unfortunately this feature works only with DejaCloud
    So what about location syncing between Outlook and DejaOffice?

(despite of the missing functionality supporting a offline syncing software seems always a good investment for privacy)

Syncing task location is still a problem to me.

I tried to use the "contact" field in a task record in DejaOffice. It works fine when syncing from Android device to Outlook - the connected contact will appear in the contacts field of a task in Outlook. So I gave my location based tasks linked "location contacts" to group them by location. In Outlook this works fine. Unfortunately the sync of linked contacts from an Outlook task back to the Android device doesn't work

Is this a bug? May I hope for a fix?

Greetings, Halweg

+ Reply to Thread