+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Today view/widget - simple filter request

Today view/widget - simple filter request

Am a long time user of Dejaoffice and a big fan.

I appreciate the filtering limitations of the tasklist, but would greatly improve my ability to use it effectively with two small changes.

1 - Ability to group tasks in the task view by 'start date', and
    2 - Allow the option in the 'today' view to include tasks with a start date on or before today.

I have many tasks that I need to begin now but may not be due until sometime in future, and being able to view all tasks overdue, due and started would provide exactly the overview most helpful to me.

Thank you for your consideration.

Mountainman, welcome to the forum. I lived in the Mountains once. The proverbial "programmer in the woods". I had a nice small cabin at 2000 feet elevation and east of my road it was 60 miles to the next paved road. It was really nice until business grew so big I needed staff.

For 1. I'll have the programmer add it. It's an odd omission that you can sort by start date but not group by start date.

For 2. Try "Show Active" This should pick up past items with a start date up to and including today.

Thanks for the quick response. Tough to beat the mountains for sure...great skiing this year too.
    The problem with the 'active' filter is that it also shows my undated tasks (there are a lot of them). So if I could exclude the undateds and use the active filter, my problem would be solved.

For "Show Active" to omit undated tasks:

What is the source of the undated task? Can you give a couple examples.

We primarily try to match Outlook so I need to do some research on why we came up with this expression (it was from Outlook or another Phone OS) and what rules are applied on it.

+ Reply to Thread