Thread: Dejaoffice version 3.2.28 (885)

Thumbs down Dejaoffice version 3.2.28 (885)

DEJAOFFICE VERSION 3.2.28 (885) on my Samsung Galaxy S keeps crashing with the screen becoming black.
    What is going on? It happens on saving a text, editing a calendar event and syncing.

Welcome to the DejaOffice forums.

Not sure, but it probably isn't DJO (if it were doing this to many people there would be a flood of complaints) I would try a few things and see if the problem persists or not. Basically, try a solution and see if works and only if it doesn't go to the next one.

1. Do a bettery pull.

2. Go into apps in settings and delete both Cache and data for Deja Office (this will not affect your PIM data, just the settings you have for DJO, which you will have to redo.

3. Uninstall and reinstall DJO (again, this will not affect data).

The reason I put the battery pull first is that doing so will tend to fix a lot of system level problems.

You might wait for one of the DJO folks to pipe in if the above doesn't work as they may have you turn on logging and send them a log after it crashes, but there is one more thing you can try.

If the above suggestions don't work you might want to insure your data isn't corrupt. Using a file manager, find your CLUSB folder and rename it OLDCLUSB (so you can get that data back if you need it. Then Open DJO. It will be like the first time you installed it and you will have no data in it. Do a sync to your computer to get your data back (any data that was on the phone only will have to be put back in once you establish that DJO is now working. Hopefully, you won't need to do this last suggestion as it is much more work than 1-3.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

bbaratz welcome to the forum.

We are releasing a new build today. That will allow us to get crash reports. Try with today's release from the App Store Version 4.1.1