+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scroll Bar on Contact List Not Functioning

Scroll Bar on Contact List Not Functioning

When I first installed DO about a year ago, the contact list had some type of scroll bar, so I could very quickly scroll. As I was scrolling, the first letter of the contacts currently displayed would be shown large in the middle of the screen. (WhatsApp has the same feature when scrolling through its contact list.)
    But after some update, I don't know when, this feature does not work anymore.

Any ideas?
    I do have an extremely tiny scroll bar handle on the right side of the screen (about 1/32" wide on a 5" screen), but it cannot be used as a handle, it only serves as an indicator on what letter you are in the address list.

-----------------------
    DO 4.1.3, build 906, on HTC One (M8)

Quote Originally Posted by JungleContactManager View Post
    When I first installed DO about a year ago, the contact list had some type of scroll bar, so I could very quickly scroll. As I was scrolling, the first letter of the contacts currently displayed would be shown large in the middle of the screen. (WhatsApp has the same feature when scrolling through its contact list.)
    But after some update, I don't know when, this feature does not work anymore.

Any ideas?
    I do have an extremely tiny scroll bar handle on the right side of the screen (about 1/32" wide on a 5" screen), but it cannot be used as a handle, it only serves as an indicator on what letter you are in the address list.

-----------------------
    DO 4.1.3, build 906, on HTC One (M8)
    Works fine on my setup, although the letter band you need to grab is very thin and it is sometimes tricky to get it going with displaying the letters in the middle of the screen rather than scrolling the list. however, I could reliably get it to work. It may vary with screen size and resolution.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

JungleContactManager, welcome to the forum.

Can you try loading a build from a year ago from this page. That is; browse to this page on your phone and click on a link. See if the scroll bar shows as you remember.

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/releasenotes.html

If the scroll bar is different, then it is something we can change. If you can get a screen snapshot of the old and the new and send to me we can look at the difference.

As I mentioned, I suspect the old one works the same NOW. That is; the scroll bar is an Android system resource, and it is your Android OS that changed, not DejaOffice in this case. While we've done a lot of cosmetic work in the last year, it was mostly with colors and fonts. I don't recall that we've changed the alphabet bar in quite a while.

Send screen shots to support@dejaoffice.com and reference this thread on the forums.

+ Reply to Thread