+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alarm problems with Marshmallow

By the way, (FYI, not proposing this as the ultimate solution), if you are leaving your phone in one place for long periods of time, connecting it to AC power will cause Doze to not engage and alarms should go off as normal.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Frans if your phone is in your pocket there is sufficient movement to stop the phone going into Doze mode. Overnight and similar situations where the phone is static plugging in to the charger will stop it going into Doze.

The problems only occur when in Doze which happens when the phone is idle and static.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Yeah I know, but I sometimes leave my phone on the couch or table and I'd be nice for alarms to sound even then

I don't quite understand why anybody would even *want* to set a alarm-but-not-if-idle , what's the point ? Oh well, hopefully we'll have a dejaoffice soonish with the new alarm calls.
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.5 (1069) , CompanionLink 8018
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

It's Google's plan to extend battery life that has caused this problem. DJO need to completely rewrite the Alarms to get it to work properly with Marshmallow.
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Ah yes I see, they do provide new calls for it but still block returning to old (desired) behaviour somewhat "Note: Neither setAndAllowWhileIdle() nor setExactAndAllowWhileIdle() can fire alarms more than once per 9 minutes, per app." ... joy. Good thing Google knows that we value battery over timely alarms! I guess I'll wait a bit buying any Android6 phone, as it's not an improvement for me right now.
    -Frans

Ended up rooting the phone and changing my doze-inactive setting from 30 minutes to 24 hours. I do expect to move/use the phone every day at least *once*
    -Frans

Any progress on this issue. Now 3 months since this was first raised!
    Cecil

ACT 16
    USB Sync

DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync

Cecil, it is on the top of our list. We've had a number of outside issues that have used the programmer's time.

OTOH, my Marshmallow has now started working right. Anyone else see this? I think the issue has been a Samsung update issue with Android M. For a while Alarms got flaky, but with the last release it seems to be working right again.

+ Reply to Thread