+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All calendar entries now Greewich Mean Time

All calendar entries now Greewich Mean Time

All my calendar entries are now on Greenwich Mean Time on the phone only, except for new ones that I enter on the phone which are at the correct time zone. New ones entered on Outlook and sync'd are also correct. I tried an erase android before sync'ng and the appointments are still offset by the time difference. I have sent a log to support.
    Samsung Note 8 Android 7.1.1
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010
    Sync: WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by bobinraymoremo View Post
    All my calendar entries are now on Greenwich Mean Time on the phone only, except for new ones that I enter on the phone which are at the correct time zone. New ones entered on Outlook and sync'd are also correct. I tried an erase android before sync'ng and the appointments are still offset by the time difference. I have sent a log to support.
    An update with more weirdness. At first I thought Outlook entries were OK but they only appeared to be OK on DJO, a 1p entry on Outlook sync'd to DJO is at 1p but instead of Central it is Greenwich so after the sync the time changes on Outlook to 8a. Just when I thought that was the repeatable case then the next time a 1p Outlook appt became a 6p DJO appt Greenwich and was still 1p Central on Outlook.

Outlook is set to Central Time, laptop is set to get time automatically as is the phone.

Like I said, weirdness, hope the log helps
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

Bob, in DejaOffice go to Settings, General Settings, and check "Time Zone Shift" (4th item).

tell me what that is. Then try setting it to "no". See if that resets your appointments.

Google puts all appointments in UTC, and maybe it shifted the time zone setting there if you have Sync to Native turned on.

Tech Support (Chris) will help you Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Bob, in DejaOffice go to Settings, General Settings, and check "Time Zone Shift" (4th item).

tell me what that is. Then try setting it to "no". See if that resets your appointments.

Google puts all appointments in UTC, and maybe it shifted the time zone setting there if you have Sync to Native turned on.

Tech Support (Chris) will help you Monday.
    Time Shift was set to NO

I am sync'ng with the 'Android Calendar App' if that is what you mean by 'Sync to Native' and have been doing this for a long time. This problem cropped up just recently, I think after a DJO update. The weird thing is that the Google Calendar has every appointment right and are not shifted. The other weird thing is that if I enter a new one on DJO the timezone is central and it is right on both Outlook and Google Calendar. When I click on an existing appointment the timezone shows Greenwich.
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

I am going to elaborate more here to summarize what is going on, I have been emailing Chris in support but thought everyone could chime in.

I travel to different timezones a lot. Say I am setting up an appointment for next week in a different timezone. I say I will be there at 10a. When I change timezones the time of the appointment does not change. I thought this was the "Time Zone Shift - NO" setting which is 'Events are "local time" and keep their time when I travel'.

For this particular problem I think it is a DejaOffice Problem. As a test I entered an appointment at 10a on Outlook and one at 11a on DejaOffice then I sync'd. As a side not I also sync with the 'Android Calendar App'. After sync'ng the appointments are correct on Outlook and the Android Calendar app. But on DejaOffice the 10a Outlook one becomes a 3p appointment on DejaOffice. This involves no timezone changes, laptop set to Automatic Time as is the phone. Switching to the "Time Zone Shift - YES" setting which is 'Events are locked to designated time zone, and will shift when I travel to maintain their absolute time' did fix the problem.

Maybe the description of the two different settings has me confused, which setting should I use to achieve what I want?
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

It sounds like you want Time Zone Shift = Yes

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    It sounds like you want Time Zone Shift = Yes
    I just time zone shifted by moving into the Eastern time zone today from central earlier this morning. I had set an appointment for Noon tomorrow while I was in Central time. I have time zone shift = yes, automatic time and time zone on the phone. I just checked the appointment on the phone titled '12p Meeting w/****', see what I did there :-), and it is now at 1p. What setting(s) do I need for an appointment under these conditions to be at the correct time after I enter the time zone where the appointment is held?
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

I Hate Time Zone shifts

Quote Originally Posted by bobinraymoremo View Post
    I just time zone shifted by moving into the Eastern time zone today from central earlier this morning. I had set an appointment for Noon tomorrow while I was in Central time. I have time zone shift = yes, automatic time and time zone on the phone. I just checked the appointment on the phone titled '12p Meeting w/****', see what I did there :-), and it is now at 1p. What setting(s) do I need for an appointment under these conditions to be at the correct time after I enter the time zone where the appointment is held?
    First in Outlook I have to know the timezone boundaries so that when I am setting at appointment for 10a if that is central time I select that zone for the meeting time. If I am in the eastern time zone the meeting shows up at 11a based on eastern and I think once I shift back to central it will be at 10a. Having to know boundaries and seeing an appointment at the wrong time is not cool.

Looks like I have to do similar things in Deja but there is an additional choice, Central DST Yes or Central DST No, so now I need to boundaries and when the time zones shift from DST on/off. I know that changed recently and I can never remember the new dates and they'll probably change them again.

There has to be a better way.
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010

Hello bobinraymoremo,

If you open this event on the device, does it look like when this event was created that it was associated with Central Time rather than Eastern Time? This would explain the event shifting to one hour later after crossing over into Eastern Time (since Eastern Time is one hour earlier).

This answer solved the problem that I was having. Deja Office is a GREAT app, but I could not find where to change the time zone. Thanks so much!

+ Reply to Thread