Closed Thread

Thread: Lookup shortcut

Lookup shortcut

In the palm you were able to add a contact to the address book by using the Lookup shortcut.
    Will DejaOffice be able to do the same thing? I have not found any smartphone that can add a contact to there calender?

Martin welcome to our Forums!

I think I taught about 10,000 people how to use Lookup (Command-L). But there even on Palm it wasn't that easy.

For DejaOffice, it will be much better.

1. Just a tap on a button, and you can pick off the list (with a search right there).
    2. Multiple "Schedule With" for every Event and Task
    3. From Contacts, a context menu to Create Event and Create Task using the currently viewed Contact.

And once the contact is connected:

4. From Events and Task - one button Location to Maps, and a second button to Navigate.

This platform has so much power! I can't wait to push our Calendar forward to really make it sing.

Sadly, these features will not be in our next release which I'm still hoping to get out this week. I think I will try to tuck them in the following release, which still should be ahead of Memorial Day (May 31). So it's coming "Real Soon Now!"

I'll update my Release Schedule post with this information.

Sync with Outlook

Will Companionlink and DejaOffice definitely allow me to sync the Incredible with Outlook 2003 and transfer contacts, calender, tasks, and notes both ways.? Will it preserve all my data in Outlook? I am using the Centro now.

Thanks

Yes. The current releases of CompanionLink and DejaOffice will definitely sync Incredible with all versions of Outlook from 2000 through 2010 (including x64), and transfer Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes two ways. It will preserve your data in Outlook.

With Incredible, some units are shipping without a Micro-SD card. The design of Android OS is that we need the card for "Media Access" from the PC. When you pick up your Incredible, just ask if a Card is included. If not, to get a Micro SD card, ask at the phone store or at any camera store. It's a very small card, about the size of your little fingernail. A 1GB or 2GB card works fine for sync use. It costs as little as $6 for 2GB card. http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-MicroS...4241443&sr=8-6

All other Android devices are shipping with a Micro SD card in the phone. It is only Incredible that appears to lack it, and only certain ones. It could well be that future Incredible phones will include the card as many apps like DejaOffice depend on it.

Thank you for your interest in DejaOffice.

Motorola Droid

I checked out the HTC incredible and the Motorola Droid today. Apparently the batterty life on the Incredible is not that good. Will your programs work just as well on the Motorola Droid?

Just a mention about the incredible's battery life - seems to be another problem with how htc programmed the basic OS. If you charge it while the phone's on, then unplug it, then turn the phone off and plug the charger back in, you get another hour or so of charging. Delivers quite an extension of battery life. Plus the GPS sucks amps like a Mercedes 600 V8 sucks gas - turn off the GPS when you don't really need it and you get pretty decent battery life.

Having said all that, as somebody who bought the incredible, there are an awful lot of glitches showing up that do not seem to happen with the Droid. So it may not have quite the same capabilities as the incredible, it does seem to be a bit more stable.

Peter

Droid

Please see my last post.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Martin, DejaOffice and CompanionLink work just as well with the Motorola Droid; we've done extensive testing with both devices. So, whichever you pick, Incredible or Motorola Droid, DejaOffice/CompanionLink will help you sync your Outlook data.

Closed Thread