Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJO contacts do not show in Android People app

DJO contacts do not show in Android People app

In DJO, I can see all 400 some of my contacts. But I have a problem that these contacts are not being used to announce incoming phone numbers.

Going to the Android People app, I discover that there are only 3 contacts visible in the DJO group and none in any other group. All of these 3 were added today. Going to DJO and doing Read Android Contacts does not change anything.

What's happening here, and is there a way to fix it so that my contacts are visible to the dialer for incoming calls?

Thanks,
    ++PLS

You need to go into the People app and set it to display the DejaOffice contacts. As all my contacts are in DejaOffice I have mine set only show Dejaoffice to avoid duplicates in the People list.

I prefer to dial directly from Dejaoffice as the contact list on the phone app is harder to navigate. The Contacts list in the phone app does not always respect the Settings in the People app and names can be duplicated.

Make sure that DejaOffice Caller ID is selected in DejaContact Settings.

Also check the "Sync Settings" to make sure that "Sync with Android Contacts App" is checked.
    Last edited by Cecil; 06-21-2016 at 12:41 AM.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

pls2000

There are two things you can do:

1. To RePopulate the native app - in DejaOffice, Long-Press on "Read Android Contacts". This will resync to the DejaOffice database.

2. To get Caller ID Without needing the native Android Database go to Settings, DejaContact Settings, DejaOffice Caller ID (about item number 10). We finally wrote our own caller ID so we would not be dependent on the Android Native list.

@DJOCTO,

Thanks.

On my Moto x4 (Oreo, soon to be Pie), the native Caller ID panel display on top of the DJO caller ID panel, completely blocking it. I looked in native controls and DJO for a way to move one of the panels, and did not notice any. Got a suggestion?

Best regards,

DejaOffice Team Member
    Skeptamastic,

Just to verify, do you have both the DejaOffice Caller and the sync to Android Contacts app?

Check here:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings, tap DejaContact Settings and is DejaOffice Caller ID checked?

Then check here to see if the Sync with Android Contacts app is on:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings, Tap Sync Settings and is "Sync with Android Contacts app" checked?

If so, you shouldn't need both, I would recommend unchecking the DejaOffice Caller ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Skeptamastic,

Just to verify, do you have both the DejaOffice Caller and the sync to Android Contacts app?

Check here:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings, tap DejaContact Settings and is DejaOffice Caller ID checked?

Then check here to see if the Sync with Android Contacts app is on:

1. Open DejaOffice
    2. Tap Settings, Tap Sync Settings and is "Sync with Android Contacts app" checked?

If so, you shouldn't need both, I would recommend unchecking the DejaOffice Caller ID.
    Yes the first and No to the second, which seems like the reverse of your recommendation. (No complaint.)

I prefer not to sync with the Android Contacts app. Other apps on the phone look there, and I want them not to know my contacts. I avoid Google's backup for the same reason.

Best regards,

I agree with Skeptamistic, but does one not need to sync with Android Contacts if one wants to use WhatsApp, or other message apps, like SMS? These apps don't look for mobile phone numbers in DJO, but in the native contacts app, or at least that is what I have understood so far. Unless one can force them to look in DJO only and disregrad the native contacts app.
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build #8034
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 8)
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.17 (1117)
    DPC Build 1093
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: with Android Contacts App
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected

DejaOffice Team Member
    Oyle would be right mentioning the Native contacts app being used for other things like SMS ID, WhatsApp, etc. The DejaOffice Caller ID only works with calls currently and not text message ID. Just to note, when DejaOffice syncs to the Native Android contacts app, we do create our own Contact Account, which is separate from other lists like Google.

As for the overlay, try here:

1. Open the Android Settings (of the Phone itself)
    2. Find Apps\Applications and tap it
    3. Find DejaOffice in the list (sometimes you need to tap Apps again first) and select it.
    4. Towards the bottom find "Apps that can appear on top".

Is this turned On\Enabled?
    Last edited by DJOCTO; 12-27-2018 at 07:51 AM.

Also, to avoid duplicates, triplicates, quadruplets and quintuplets from showing in your native Android contacts list, make sure you choose the following settings in your phone, if you manage all your contacts in DJO:

Contacts/Settings/Contacts to display/Custom list then tap on the settings wheel of the custom list
    deselect ALL the phone books listed there as well as all the categories in these phonebooks (unless there are some of which you are sure hat they DO NOT container copies of contacts managed in and by DJO).
    Keep ONLY the DejaOffice Phone book and any or all the categories in that phonebook.
    Then press "DONE"

This will save you much grief and wasted time trying to eliminate all the above-mentioned ..cates and ..plets...

Good luck!
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build #8034
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 8)
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.17 (1117)
    DPC Build 1093
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: with Android Contacts App
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected

@Oyl,

Thanks for that!