+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Name sync error

Last Name sync error

DeJa Contacts files last name as middle name after sync. Manual changes are not persistent after sync. Not sure which setting will fix this. In Outlook, I "file as" firstname lastname.

Works perfect on my end.
    Which versions are you using of DJO and CL?
    Which device and which version of OL?

See my signature for needed information.
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

David2176 this should not happen on most names.

Double Click in Outlook to check the name parts. This is an automatic system for Outlook.

The Last Name/Middle Name issue can happen when there are multiple word last names. Look at these three names:

Bobbie Sue Miller
    Betty Jones Miller
    Manuel Garcia da Silva
    Joe Miller RSCPA

The first case is a middle name of Sue
    The second case is a two-part last name, Jones-Miller
    The last case is one of my Brazilian friends who have extended names. Garcia da Silva

When entered in Outlook- Outlook will parse it. You can double click on the name and correct what Outlook did. Outlook works differently for different languages.

When entered in DejaOffice, the parsing will probably put the last word as a middle name. A comma is a delimiter for a title, but in the last case RSCPA will probably be seen as a name because there is no comma.

I hope this helps you understand some cases we see. I'd be interested in the exact name value you entered where the last name went to the middle name field.

+ Reply to Thread