Thread: Pimlical and Java 8

Pimlical and Java 8

I understand that Companion Link is no longer compatible with this version of Pimlical/ I also suspect that, for you folks, the Pimlical market is so small, it probably isn't worth the resources needed to change this. However, I thought I would ask.

Any reasonable chance this might change in the future?
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Hook, at the time we partnered with Pimlical, we didn't realize they had a dependence on a Java library.

When the library was removed they switched to a proprietary format. I communicated with the developer (CESD). There's no API for the proprietary system, and no way for us to develop for it.

CompanionLink writes directly to Palm Desktop format files, without using any Java libraries. So we continue to support Palm Desktop. Unfortunately, since Pimlical has moved on from this format, the tools are no longer compatible.

https://www.companionlink.com/suppor...uring_Pimlical

Thanks for the reply. It was more or less what I figured. Oh well.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

By the way, the reason I asked was that I have migrated from Outlook to Pimlical for my PIMs and, sadly, didn't realize that the new version no longer works with CL (I should have since I knew it no longer worked with PD data files). I was hoping that the new database would have usable apis. Didn't understand that wasn't the case. Well, I'm here now and I like Pimlical desktop, so I guess I'll live without CL and DJO.

Guess I need to change my sig. However, I plan to stick around and watch what develops.