+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why don't alarms roll over when tasks roll over?

Why don't alarms roll over when tasks roll over?

I just started using the Rollover feature for tasks. I set an alarm on several tasks. The alarms went off as expected.

However, when the tasks rolled over, there was no alarm. Apparently, the alarms are cleared after they fire the first time.

What I want is for an alarm set on a task that gets rolled over to fire the same time on the next day.

I'm surprised this isn't a feature. Am I wrong, or can this not be done? And if not, why not?

- Tim
    Last edited by tbessie; 08-24-2016 at 10:57 PM.
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

Haven't had this requested before. Sent this to the developer. Will be in the next inhouse build. - When tasks are completed/uncompleted, or alarms have rung, and then they are rolled to the next day, alarms will be reset to un-rung.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Haven't had this requested before. Sent this to the developer. Will be in the next inhouse build. - When tasks are completed/uncompleted, or alarms have rung, and then they are rolled to the next day, alarms will be reset to un-rung.
    Thanks for your reply! I sent this in as a support request as well, but you can tell your folks to ignore it then, as you've answered here.

I'm surprised this was never requested - seems it'd be pretty useful.

I've been using daily repeating Meeting events to remind me of things I need to do soon, but that's obviously not an optimal solution. So I changed some of such events into tasks and set them to roll over, and noticed that the alarms were removed for those tasks; that's what prompted this request.

So if this makes it as a feature, you'll have an option to "preserve alarms when tasks roll over" - something like that?

I've tried specific-purpose reminder apps, but I'd rather everything be in DejaOffice if I can. :-)

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

+ Reply to Thread