Thread: companionlink created false anniversaries on sync

companionlink created false anniversaries on sync

sync is working OK but for every contact in Outlook it has created an annual anniversary and/or birthday entry on 1/1/2001 and years forward. This is slowing the phone down. I found a way to delete them on PC Outlook by using list view and search "anniversary" which gave me a list I could bulk delete. I cannot find a practical way of deleting them from Deja Office except by syncing in an appropriate way. Does any body aware of this issue or know how it is caused?

Mike welcome to the forum.

Sync is a good way to update all the fields. I would suggest calling tech support (503)243-5200. I'm seeing a sales record in New Zealand. You can definitely email support@dejaoffice.com and Chris will help you out there.

Lightbulb Similar Problem with Creating False Anniversaries

It is not convenient to have to call Support (then they have to call you back at another time inconvenient to the customer), so it would be nice if someone could post the help they got to solve this problem and what version of CL they were using. Thanks.

bookwalk, welcome to the forum.

The reason I suggested contacting support is to get more information. Sometimes a forum post lacks the necessary detail. There is nothing in the sync system that creates anniversaries on an arbitrary date. However, depending on what other systems are connected, Native Contacts, or iCloud or another sync tool, it can happen. So that's the reason we ask.

What problem are you having specifically?

BTW - Right now our phones are backed up. We have had a couple techs out a lot in recent weeks, and brought on a new tech in October. But our incoming call volume and our ability to answer the phone has been mismatched by staff being away. (Today as I write we have 2 out 7 techs out of the office). I definitely recommend sending an email and we generally answer all email within one business day.