Thread: CompanionLink 7026 & 7028 not updating Cloud to Palm 6.2

CompanionLink 7026 & 7028 not updating Cloud to Palm 6.2

Records deleted in DejaOffice using cloud sync are not being deleted on Palm 6.2 and are being restored to the cloud and DejaOffice. I have returned to build 7024 and the problem seems to be resolved.

DejaOffice 935
    Android 6.0.1
    Samsung S5
    Palm 6.2
    Windows 10

nmike, we looked into this. There should be no difference between CL builds for Palm Desktop 6.

What type of record are you deleting? I.e. is it Contact, Calendar, Task, and if Calendar, is it a recurring appointment instance?

It was both calendar and task items. Right now 7024 is working fine. I will wait for the next CompanionLink update and try again.

CompanionLink Build 7030 has the same issue for me. I have returned to build 7024.

I'm having a similar problem, trying to get Palm desktop 4.2 synced to calendar initially. I've synced them and played with in it the phone, but older phone items aren't being deleted when I sync them later.
    Trying to make a fresh start, I have what I want in PalmDT, and tried to wipe the phone (just calendar) and reload from PDT. I set CL to just do calendar, Palm to Android, wipe Android first; and for deletion, PDT is primary. Items on past dates didn't go away in the phone.
    How do I go back to build 7024? Just install it over 7030, or uninstall Cl and then install the older build?
    Very frustrated!

Background info:
    Trying to move from Palm TX/Palm Desktop (PDT) to DejaOffice on Android. Have used the TX/PDT for years, regularly making changes in both, and sync them pretty often. Installed the Win10 anniversary update on 10/29 and it made quite a mess of both. Lost the categories and colors in PDT, which then got synced to TX. Got categories/colors back in PDT back by running it in compatibility mode as Win7, but couldn't fix them on the TX, so I decided it was time to switch to the phone (which I've meant to do for 6 months anyway).
    Doing one part at a time, Contacts are okay, though I need to edit them all to have their categories again (haven't synced them since).

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1; DJO 4.1.7 build 925; CL 7030
    Win10 x64, AU update; PalmDesktop 4.2 (running in compatibility mode for Windows 7)
    Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Sync settings (which direction or both?)
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

I installed CL 7024 over 7030 which seemed to work fine. Then tried to update Calendar again, with no improvement. I set CL to just do calendar, Palm to Android, wipe Android first; and for deletion, PDT is primary. Items on past dates didn't go away in the phone. When I ran the sync, it briefly said Retrieving Android data, and then started copying the calendar data. Didn't seem as though that was enough time to wipe the calendar in the phone.

Any suggestions? I really need to get this moved off the old Palm TX.
    Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1; DJO 4.1.7 build 925; CL 7030 (temporarily at 7024)
    Win10 x64, AU update; PalmDesktop 4.2 (running in compatibility mode for Windows 7)
    Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Sync settings (which direction or both?)
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Marjory and all.

For specific issues with your computer please contact tech support at support@dejaoffice.com.

Unfortunately the forums aren't really suited to detailed analysis.

I'll refer your issue as a ticket to that team.

Thanks - I'd just been on the phone with Thomas today, and worked it out.

This problem still persists even with build 7036. It does seem to be limited to repeating calendar events that are deleted in DejaOffice and not the Palm Desktop. When the desktop is synced to the cloud, the event is not deleted on Palm but re-entered to the cloud and then is restored to DejaOffice. All the proper setting are there for this not to happen. Build 7024 seems to be the last this does not occur. I have tried every build since and have had to return to 7024.

DejaOffice 968
    Android 6.0.1
    Samsung S5
    Palm 6.2
    Windows 10