+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sync stopped

Sync stopped

I have CompanionLink (CL) for Outlook on my win 10 Pro desktop, DejaOffice on a couple of androids. Everything was working fine, Outlook -> DejaCloud (DC), DjaCloud -> Android(s) All three set to 5 min auto sync. Everything synced in the one way required direction nicely. I thought I would try Push sync and converted all three, changed some outlook contacts as a test, and waited 15 mins. No sync. So I changed back to 5 min sync all round. No sync. If I open the CL window, then every 5 mins the sync status window opens, announces it is "Connecting to DC" and displays the grey bar. But no green bar traverses, after about 30 sec the sync window closes (Same if I click on the Sync button on CL). The CL window shows last sync 5 days ago - from just before I tried the "push" experiment. The androids are still at the same values as before the experiment. BTW they have sync to native android disabled. I phoned CL waited the required 20 mins. and left a message (with phone number) but have not heard back.

And no, I have not installed any new software, and I have windows Upgrades deferred 4 months and Updates deferred 2 weeks

Any suggestions please?

Aditional Info. CRM comes up fine in my browser. If I edit in CRM this both automatically and manually sync's to my androids. So the problem is only CompanionLink failing to sync Outlook to DejaCloud
    Last edited by Petermat; 10-16-2016 at 11:22 AM. Reason: New info

Petermat, does it work now?

The DejaCloud server was down again October 14 5:30pm to October 15 at 4:00am. I think this may have been while you were testing. It should be good now.

Thumbs down Still not syncing Outlook -> Cloud

. title says it

Peter.

I looked up your account. It shows the last PC Sync was 10/10 at 20:51 Pacific Time. So it looks like your PC is not connecting to the cloud server.

Have there been any changes on your PC to Firewalls or Proxies since last Monday evening (10/10)? Those would cause sync to not connect. The connection is using SSL so changes to SSL, or if you are using Windows XP, then there could be issues there.

The only other thing I would try is to reset DejaCloud account id (your email address) and password. I show the account as the same as you use here.

Your two Androids are synchronizing ok. It's just the PC to DejaCloud server. On the same pc when you log into https://crm.dejaoffice.com that's the same server.

Still no sync

When I log onto CRM it shows the last PC Sync was today (17th) at 9:39 Pacific Time. But the data is still the old (pre push trial) data. Also 4 devices are shown, but I am only conscious of 3 being tied in with you. Attempts to sync did not change this time, so was this you?

There have been no deliberate changes on your Win 10 Pro PC (which is set to 4 month deferred upgrades and 2 week deferred updates) to Firewalls or Proxies since last Monday evening (10/10).

How would I "reset DejaCloud account id (your email address) and password". I use my eddress for cloud sync and just "Petermat" for the forum - both with the same password

As you can gather from the above I have no problem on the CompanionLink pc logging into https://crm.dejaoffice.com.

No sync

Subsequently I did change my log on password in CRM and in settings on CL - waited an hour and tried sync again. Nothing.

No idea how to change my id.

Incidentally, sync by local wifi works fine. This would be my preferred method anyway - except that I want to sync two androids to my pc and switching the pairing back and forth is too much of a pain.

If no one can suggest a solution I will have to drop CompanionLink - a pity since it worked so nicely for a while, but currently I see no way forward.

Hi

Which version of Companionlink are you using? If you use CL Express you can sync 2 devices to your PC without having to pair them each time you change devices. I have been doing this for many years. You can even sync between 2 PCs.
    Last edited by Cecil; 10-19-2016 at 03:04 AM.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Sync working

An interesting time. Sync is now working to both androids via DejaCloud. I found another app was set to block CompanionLink's access to Internet - fixing that fixed the sync via cloud issue. Hooray, and thanks to responders!

However in the mean time I had paid for an upgrade to Express and this installed build 7208 in place of 7206. However this looks identical to the basic CL and I can find no way of setting a second profile. Does express present a different face to the basic CL? How can I tell which I now have?

Quote Originally Posted by Petermat View Post
    An interesting time. Sync is now working to both androids via DejaCloud. I found another app was set to block CompanionLink's access to Internet - fixing that fixed the sync via cloud issue. Hooray, and thanks to responders!

However in the mean time I had paid for an upgrade to Express and this installed build 7208 in place of 7206. However this looks identical to the basic CL and I can find no way of setting a second profile. Does express present a different face to the basic CL? How can I tell which I now have?
    The interface will look the same, however, the profile will be a dropdown which offers a profile manager allowing you to set up the second profile. I believe (that's how it works in Pro).
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

+ Reply to Thread