Thread: Corrupted Contacts Data

Corrupted Contacts Data

I'm new to the forum but ancient to Dejaoffice but I'm not sure where to start.

Last year I wiped out my contacts by mistake but was relieved to find a backup online which I downloaded to my Android phone. I only use DJO on my phone now but it has evolved over the years from Palm Pilot to desktop and finally to the Galaxy S7. When I opened the contacts on my phone I discovered that my granddaughter's e-mail address had become part of almost all my contacts' files. There was also my condo complex's website in most of my contacts. And more than half my contacts had a new middle name - "Cooper."

I tried going through the contacts (almost 300 of them) and cleaning them up. I found several other problems with the same phone number(s) appearing in multiple contacts. After finally cleaning the files, and deleting many of them. I thought I was OK only to find the errors slowly reappearing.

My preferred solution would be to clean the database in Excel and import it back into the Dejaoffice contacts. How can I do this and is there any was to assure I've really cleaned the data?

I had similar but less dramatic problems with the calendar too.

Thanks in advance for the help/

TechJim, Phone numbers swapping indicates you probably have Google Sync active somehow. Both Palm Desktop and Google use phone labels to keep the numbers set.

So check in DejaOffice and see if you are synchronizing to a Native Account (Good) but make sure that Native Account DOES NOT sync to Google (Bad).

Need further guidance

I don't know how to check if the native account (I assume that's my Android contacts) is syncing to Google. Also, is there a way to perform a mass edit on the DJO contacts and calendar?