+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change Device Name

Change Device Name

After the last update to v7030 DJO changed my Device Name again, so I had to Pair the device again to sync. Not a major thing, but something I really shouldn't have to do.

Does anyone know how to manually change the Device Name to something I want it to be and lock it so that won't change after updates?

And if not, do others agree that it's something that DJO should put back in?! I'm not sure what the purpose of the random name is for. It certainly can't be for security, if you figure out the name, you've figured out the name. Doesn't matter if I put it in our DJO does.

Thx.

I talked to the developer. He doesn't think we change anything intentionally. If you updated from v6 to v7 then there definitely was a change because we changed the whole pairing system for CLv7. But if you update from B7022 to B7030 there should be no change, and I don't anticipate further changes on the CompanionLink side.

In the latest versions of CompanionLink and DejaOffice, are you saying, then, that there is no way to manually set the device name? I would like to do that, but I can't find a way to do it.

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

I think in CL7 we moved device name to be an internal value. We had too many people who named more than one phone by the same name "My Phone" and stuff. So as a part of our Wi-Fi overhaul the name is now maintained internally.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    I think in CL7 we moved device name to be an internal value. We had too many people who named more than one phone by the same name "My Phone" and stuff. So as a part of our Wi-Fi overhaul the name is now maintained internally.
    Alright, thanks for explaining!

- Tim
    Sony XZ2 Compact - Android 8.0 (stock)
    DejaOffice v4.4.8, build 1072 - CompanionLink Professional 8, Build 8018
    Outlook 2010 - CL Sync : Outlook <-(WiFi)-> Android

+ Reply to Thread