+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New user, cannot get rid of older data in calendar or tasks

Question New user, cannot get rid of older data in calendar or tasks

Looking for help getting this all up and running, going from Palm TX/Palm desktop 4.2 to DejaOffice on Android with Palm desktop. I successfully synced all 4 parts to the phone and experimented with them, then wiped it all while resending just contacts. Okay at that point as far as I could see, though I didn't sync contacts after that. I did start creating categories for contacts to match what I have in the Palm. I also reloaded calendar and tasks and used them some, but am keeping everything current in Palm DT for now. When I have tried to sync each of those to match Palm, the older data that was changed or deleted in Palm still remains in DJO (and does not reappear in Palm).

Are there specific settings I should use to reload an application from Palm to phone for keeps? I have tried checking only Calendar, Wipe Calendar on Android before sync, and then in Deletion Preferences both Palm is primary, and also Records deleted in either will be synced. Both times, any older data that is still in DJO but not in PDT has not been removed. Reading a past thread here, I tried using CL 7024 and found that the older data was still being left on the phone with it. I've reinstalled 7030, and still the older data remains. (The same thing is happening with Tasks.)

Any suggestions??

Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1; DJO 4.1.7 build 925; CL 7030
    Win10 x64, AU update; PalmDesktop 4.2 (running in compatibility mode for Windows XP)
    Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Sync settings (still experimenting, will do both ways once I solve some problems)
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Hi majoryb98,

Thank you for using DejaOffice. Please open a support ticket with us via the link below and we will be glad to assist you with this issue.

http://www.dejaoffice.com/support.html

I had done that, but it was either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning so I didn't get a reply for a while. I did get an email from Thomas Monday afternoon (noon PST) and he's been very helpful. Just got off the phone with him, and it looks as though it's all good now.
    Thanks for the note

+ Reply to Thread