Thread: Tasks: directly tappable due dates on the Tasks home screen

Tasks: directly tappable due dates on the Tasks home screen

I modify my due dates frequently and would like to be able to tap/modify the due date from the Tasks home screen without having to open the entire task.

The current setup requires a minimum of seven taps to modify and save a due date and then return to the Tasks home screen.

PalmOS required two.

Thanks for the ongoing updates, I'm not dealing with DJO/Companionlink introduced dupes and errors anymore. I've upped my star rating in the Market for that. It'll be five stars when this is almost as easy PalmOS/Desktop was :-)
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo

Yes...this was what I used to do in PalmOS too. It's a very useful an convenient way to modify due dates and it's something I really miss.

It would be really nice if DJO can do something similar.

I vote for this one also.

Palm also let you change category from the task list view, and included a checkbox on each task that you could tap to mark that task complete. I'd love to see those as well.

To be fair, the long-tap menu on a task does include a "Mark Completed", so that's fairly fast. But "tap on checkbox" is even faster and more intuitive than "long tap, find the Mark Completed item, and tap it".