+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An overdue "THANKS" to DJO support

An overdue "THANKS" to DJO support

I just noticed that a post I had thought had been posted has not. I must not have clicked on the submit button after previewing. Anyway I had been having difficulties with sync-ing my Galaxy S7 and the Outlook on my PC. On a problem sync early this month I had sent a log and the next day "Chris L" emailed me and I replied with a description of the problem...the same one I reported here a bit earlier.

"Chris L" sent me a complete set of instructions that basically required me to re-install DJO after backing up the clusb folder and the CL Settings folder. Following the detailed instructions my first sync was a successful one and I've had nothing but success since. And sure enough there was a corrupted "companionlink.db.corrupt" file in the clusb folder.

I thought that I had posted this thank you shortly after the effective fix, but apparently not (this is the first time I've checked this forum since early November).

But I did want to post about the consistent helpfulness of the DJO support staff in the 4 years I've been using CL and DJO. And this level of support is an important "feature" of the applications as I'm sure all are aware.

So THANK YOU, DJO SUPPORT!!
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

+1

I have always found the support to be of the highest standard. When you consider the miriad of different Android phones and tablets out there with different manufacturers customisations they do a great job.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 7.0
    DJO 4.3.6 (1005) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Tesco Hudl2 (Android 5.1)
    DJO 4.3.6(1002)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Thanks RJOLMMD and Cecil!

I shared your notes with the team, and will print them out today and post. Sometimes tech feels like a thankless job so it makes life better to know it works.

I'll second this! When I was trying to get my phone and Palm Desktop synchronized initially (and permanently), Thomas was very helpful and patient with me on the phone, and solved the problems I was having. That was about a month ago, and it's worked fine since.

**Migrating from Palm TX to phone with DJO
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1; DJO 4.2.3 build 947; CL 7030
    Win10 x64, AU update; PalmDesktop 4.2 (running in compatibility mode for Windows XP)
    Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Sync settings - both ways; not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Marjoryb98 I'll share your kudos with Thomas.

Sean has been very helpful for me also. He deserves a raise. As a retired Software Engineer, I know what Sean and the rest of the support team goes through.

+ Reply to Thread