Thread: Puzzling message

Puzzling message

I just had something strange happen and I hope someone can explain it.

Last Wednesday I got a new phone. Since my computer I down I copied the DJO database from old phone to new.

Everything worked fine until today I was in DJO looking for a contact when I got a popup reading roughly "This database is from a different phone. Is this a different phone?".

I must have stated at this message for 5 minutes wondering is this phone "different from what?".

Questions:
    1. What does this mean?
    2. What are the implications of a yes or no answer?
    3. Couldn't the wording be improved?
    Thanks,
    ++PLS
    I

What version of Companionlink are you using?

Only Companionlink Express and Companionlink Professional allow you to sync to more than one device. Other versions only sync to one phone or tablet.

I would assume that saying yes will start the process to change over to your new phone. Alternatively if you want continue to use the old phone alongside the new one you need to update to Express or Professional.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync

DJO stores the identification of the phone it is running on.
    Since you have moved the DB to a new phone, it needs to update this information.
    Are you syncing to the desktop as well?
    Google Pixel, Android 9.0 German, DJO 4.4.9 (1076)
    Office: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, daily
    Home: Win10 x64, Outlook 365 (v2016, up to date) German, CL Express 7050 --- Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, occasionally
    Syncing to native Android contacts (DJO account), not syncing to native Android calendar

I will be syncing with Outlook on PC when that is repaired. I'm keeping the old phone as backup but have removed DJO from it.

Upgrading Companion Link seems like a good idea so I can have DJO on my tablet also. But for now, will answering cause any problems on my next such?

I shouldn't think answering "Yes" is a problem. Have you thought of raising a support ticket to check this out with the DJO team. You can reference this thread in the comments. I have found them very helpful in the past.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync

I checked with the programmer. Saying Yes simply changes some internals to make sure that DejaCloud sync will check all the records. He says there is not a huge difference between yes and no, but it does clear in internal DB ID so that various sync systems know this is a new device.