Thread: Using alarms in Calendar (and maybe in Alarms too)

Using alarms in Calendar (and maybe in Alarms too)

First, I overuse alarms as a way to remind myself to do various everyday things. Always did in the Palm PDA too.

I thought that in DJO they were working the same way when they occurred - I get a notification on the phone with a choice to snooze or dismiss. Dismiss was Cancel in the PDA, I think. I often move the item forward or to another day, so I keep reusing it.

Lately it seems that when I dismiss (not snooze) the notification, the calendar item has turned off the alarm setting completely. I can't see what changed, still at the same versions in DJO. Android is still 6.0.1 - but it's done a couple of updates and I see that it has a pretty recent security patch level listed after the Android version (in Settings).

Am I wrong that I used to be able to dismiss an alarm notification without changing it in the calendar? Or has something else changed in the phone to make this happen, such as a security update?

Mystified Marjory

================================================== =
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level Jan. 1, 2017)
    DJO 4.2.3 build 947; CL 7030
    Win10 x64, AU update; PalmDesktop 4.2 (running in compatibility mode for Windows XP)
    Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Sync settings - both ways; not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts
    **Migrated from Palm TX to phone with DJO

Hello marjoryb98,

Tapping Dismiss will clear the alarm from the event in question. If you prefer to reschedule the alarm for a later time you should use the Snooze button or edit the alarm time in the event itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L View Post
    Tapping Dismiss will clear the alarm from the event in question. If you prefer to reschedule the alarm for a later time you should use the Snooze button or edit the alarm time in the event itself.
    Okay, I guess I hadn't noticed that the alarm was being edited out of the event. I do use snooze too, and eventually edit the item to move it to another hour or day. It's so much easier/quicker to do that in Palm Desktop when I get back to the computer.
    Thanks for the quick reply!