+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need help with DB file

Need help with DB file

Hello, my laptop dies that had the master ACT database that synced to my phone. I need to start fresh and I have the db file from my phone. Evidently there are no export tool within dejaoffice to sent the data anywhere?
    Anyway, I am trying to get the db file contents into an excel file. Everytime I try to open the file in excel it wants some sort of datalink password and I am not sure what to do. Can anyone help?

dlaird welcome to the forum.

OMG - you lost your Act! data file?

The db file is not really readable. The best system is to send to DejaCloud. I see you have an active DejaCloud account with 2400 contacts in it.

Are you going to use Act again? If so, load Act! into your PC, set up DejaCloud Sync, and they should be downloaded off the cloud.

The laptop with the database will not come on
    I have a really old ACT! version and it won't load on my current pc. It is not compatible with Windows 10. What can i do? I've been using the dejaoffice for quite a while without syncing but entering data in the phone directly--is this info in the cloud as well or no? if not how can i get that info? Please help, I'm starting a new job next week and need this info desperately to use.

dlaird, there's an answer for that. I had it happen once. Is the laptop one with a disk drive? (Not solid state).

You can buy an external mount for the hard drive, uninstall from the laptop, and then power up just the drive. Then grab all the info from it.

As I recall, I think I poured a margarita into the laptop, and that's why it failed to power up.

What version of Act! Exactly? You can generally run Act! on Windows 10 except for 17 and 18.1 and 18.2. But the Act! website has all the info.

Oh, no it's old data. From 2 years ago.

Definitely give a call tomorrow to CompanionLink (503)243-3400. Or email support@dejaoffice.com and see if Chris can help you. He's on a short day tomorrow 9am-1pm Pacific time. Be sure to back up your database first. But let's get that data back, and fire up Act! on Windows 10 and get you squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    dlaird, there's an answer for that. I had it happen once. Is the laptop one with a disk drive? (Not solid state).

You can buy an external mount for the hard drive, uninstall from the laptop, and then power up just the drive. Then grab all the info from it.

As I recall, I think I poured a margarita into the laptop, and that's why it failed to power up.

What version of Act! Exactly? You can generally run Act! on Windows 10 except for 17 and 18.1 and 18.2. But the Act! website has all the info.

Oh, no it's old data. From 2 years ago.

Definitely give a call tomorrow to CompanionLink (503)243-3400. Or email support@dejaoffice.com and see if Chris can help you. He's on a short day tomorrow 9am-1pm Pacific time. Be sure to back up your database first. But let's get that data back, and fire up Act! on Windows 10 and get you squared away.

Laptops don't like margaritas do they? lol
    Thanks for your help, i'll call in.
    I can't remember what version of ACT I have. Being in outside sales, I really need a CRM tool. I used what I had when my employer didn't offer one for uuse. It just kept growing and growing. I had to use fields that only I could understand because I kept running out of the normal useage. (Like I said, its a really old version
    Last edited by dlaird5650; 03-10-2017 at 05:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread