+ Reply to Thread

Thread: notifications on Android7 need to be expanded to reach snooze/dimiss buttons

notifications on Android7 need to be expanded to reach snooze/dimiss buttons

Just upgraded my Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0. Deja works nicely on it, but I did notice that the notifications for alerts by default are shown smaller, without the dismiss/snooze buttons visible. I need to tick on a down-arrow sort of thing and then the notification shows in full with those buttons again.

Since I'm lazy I'd like the notifications to be shown full size by default again if possible in Android7 at all ?
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.5 (1069) , CompanionLink 8018
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

Ok. We'll see what we can do here.

Frans we investigated this. This appears to be a Samsung thing. We have other Android 7 phones that don't show this behavior. But we see that all apps on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge that are updated to the latest OS are showing this behavior.

We can't find anything we can control here. So maybe we'll just send vibes to Samsung to fix this in the next update.

Update: I take it back. I scheduled Development to come up with a new Notification Style this week. Our Galaxy S8 phones have the same style. We need to figure something better here. In particular I need to the snooze button and the dismiss button to be single-tap. If we can't do that, then it needs to be near where my finger is, and not on the bottom of the screen.

On the up side, I discovered I can dismiss/snooze notifications from the lockscreen. Never knew that, no idea if it's always been possible but it's very useful!
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.5 (1069) , CompanionLink 8018
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

+ Reply to Thread