Thread: DJO Lockup

DJO Lockup

The last 2 days my Galaxy s7 edge Android 7 is locking up with DJO 4.3.2 (build 990). It will freeze while using Google DJO and I need to close the program or switch to another app. Other apps not affected by lockup. Tried shutting down, no change, u installed and reinstalled, no change. There was a djo update earlier tonight, that had no change either.

Haven't installed any new apps recently.

Galaxy s2 tab Android 6.0.1 DJO 4.3.1 (989) Still working ok.
    Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110 3.1.2 Android 4.4.2
    Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P 3.1.2 Android 4.4.2
    Galaxy Note 7 SM-N930P 3.1.8 Android 6.0.1
    Galaxy s7 Edge Android 7.0 DJO 4.3.2
    Galaxy Tab S2 Android 6.0.1 DJO 4.3.1
    Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U Android 7.1.1 DJO 4.3.6 (1002)

So, are you using Google as your "desktop" that you are syncing with (I'm guessing that's what you mean by "Google DJO"). I don't know if it works the same way, but if I were seeing this problem syncing with Outlook, I would force a complete "Desktop overwrites device" sync, which if I recall involves "deleting data on device before sync" and "rerrad Outlook data" both being checked (remember, I have been away from Companionlink for a while). Basically, I would be trying to test the theory that there is corruption in my data base. You could also just copy the data from one of your other devices that work.

May not be the answer, but can't hurt to try.

Hope this helps.
    Sadly, I can no longer use CL or DJO as I have replaced Outlook with Thunderbird and Pimlical Desktop. Pimlical, since moving to Java 8 is no longer compatible with Companion Link. I will lurk about just because I am interested. Please let me know if the Pimlical compatibility problem ever changes and thanks to all here for your support and help over the years. This is the best software for synching Outlook to Android.

Quote Originally Posted by comptuter View Post
    The last 2 days my Galaxy s7 edge Android 7 is locking up with DJO 4.3.2 (build 990). It will freeze while using Google DJO and I need to close the program or switch to another app. Other apps not affected by lockup. Tried shutting down, no change, u installed and reinstalled, no change. There was a djo update earlier tonight, that had no change either.

Haven't installed any new apps recently.

Galaxy s2 tab Android 6.0.1 DJO 4.3.1 (989) Still working ok.
    comptuter-

I'm sorry you hear you are having this issue. Please visit the page below so we can start a support ticket for you. We may want to get a copy of your database to attempt to reproduce this issue.

https://www.dejaoffice.com/support.html

Just mention in the comments a description of the problem and that you're working with Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    comptuter-

I'm sorry you hear you are having this issue. Please visit the page below so we can start a support ticket for you. We may want to get a copy of your database to attempt to reproduce this issue.

https://www.dejaoffice.com/support.html

Just mention in the comments a description of the problem and that you're working with Sean.
    Typo, not Google, freezes while using djo, Last night in the phone settings under apps I cleared the djo data and restarted the phone. When I opened djo it reloaded all the data from Dejan cloud and seems to be working.

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply

Glad to hear that worked out.

We pushed a release on Monday. That resets our online "start point". We always push a second now, and we did that Wednesday. On the second we fixed all the crash reports that came in Monday to Wednesday. This is an automatic part of Google Android maintenance.

So we should be stable again now. Hey, check out the Contacts widget. I think it's the greatest thing...

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Glad to hear that worked out.

We pushed a release on Monday. That resets our online "start point". We always push a second now, and we did that Wednesday. On the second we fixed all the crash reports that came in Monday to Wednesday. This is an automatic part of Google Android maintenance.

So we should be stable again now. Hey, check out the Contacts widget. I think it's the greatest thing...
    What happened to the 1x1 widgets?. I can't put a 4x4 on the home page.