Thread: New phone not reading copied clusb\companionlink.db

New phone not reading copied clusb\companionlink.db

I'm having problems migrating DJOA from my wife's Samsung S5 to an S7. The S7 won't read the data file I copied over from the S5.

The old S5 data was in internal memory so I used the native "My Files" app to copy the S5's entire "clusb" folder to a microSD. I installed DJOA on the new S7 and then renamed the clusb folder it created in internal mem (to make it invisible). I inserted the S5's microSD and copied the old clusb folder into the new S7 internal, but it doesn't read the data. I've tried variations of un/reinstalling DJOA, copying just the "companionlink.db" file from the microSD into the new internal clusb folder, restarting the phone, etc but no luck.

Does the latest DJOA store it's data in a separate location? I created test contacts and events but couldn't find alternate or newly updated "companionlink.db" files elsewhere (not even in the "Backup" subfolder). The S5 had an older OS and build of DJOA than the S7 but should that matter?

I successfully used these methods to migrate DJOA from S5 to S7 before (on my personal phones). Please help!

DejaDavid, welcome to the forum.

It should pick up fine. One good way is to start DejaOffice and let it make a blank file, then exit completely (use the exit option in DJO), connect to the PC, and copy your full file in place of the new file. The best location is the phone folder. See if this works. If not, email support@dejaoffice com and coordinate to talk with Chris. He'll help you out here.

I have near same problem: I want to copy from my old Galaxy S2 to S7 (nougat) the data of DJO. I installed DejaOffice on S7 and create a contact just to create db. But I don't find nothing on internal SD (I don't have external SD). I find the clusb folder only in \data\user\0\com.companionlink.clusbsync\app_clusb \clusb . Is this the right place to copy the old clusb folder? I copied here but DJO say that no db found, retry or create new). Or I can manually create that folder in internal SD card? I try also this but DJO don't see this files...

DJO b993 / S7 with android 7.0
    Last edited by damjang; 06-03-2017 at 06:12 AM.
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Hm, I try to copy once again the clusb folder on internal sd card and now DejaOffice can read it. I don't understand why the first time didn't see it... No problem, but now it is ok.

Let me explain: first time DejaOffice don't create the clusb folder on internal sd card, then I delete all folder that I manually create and restart dejoffice (from the beginning it start with start wizard). This time it create the clusb folder on sd card and I manually replace the folder with the one from my old phone. And dejaoffice see the new/old data...
    Last edited by damjang; 06-06-2017 at 03:19 AM.
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

damjang, glad that worked out.