Thread: DJO locking up on phone lately

DJO locking up on phone lately

Is there a finite limit to the number of records that I can have in DJO in my phone? The past couple of days it has been freezing or showing a blank screen when I change/save items. I can do a couple of them, then it acts up.

================================================== =
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level Apr. 1, 2017)
    DJO 4.3.3 build 998; CL 7044
    Win10 x64, AU update; PalmDesktop 4.2 (running in compatibility mode for Windows XP)

USB sync --- manual syncing, as needed; one direction at a time

Mine has been locking up when adding or editing calendar events - when pressing the check mark mostly. I think it's done it when adding contacts to calendar events as well. Is it an issue with the most recent DJO update?

LG G3
    Verizon VS985
    Android 6.0
    DejaOffice 4.3.3
    CompanionLink 7044
    ACT! Pro 19

We just pushed a build late last week. I apologize for the inconvenience. Lock ups are automatically reported by Android and we should have these fixed by July 5.

Thank you, DJOCTO. The issue was not present the day after posting. I'll report if it surfaces again.

Followup - I was contacted directly on the 29th by the friendly support guy who had helped me in the past. We talked on the phone and he had me create a log while the problem was happening, and email it to him for the programmers. Glad to see that you hope to have it fixed by tomorrow. I'll watch for a new build to show up - I'm still at 998.

This company is great for support and being patient in working with me by phone!

After Android update today, DJO freezes when I try to edit a task.

Yes, mine too - it was all right for a while, and now I even get some different error messages that I never saw before. For example, cannot access SD card - why does it want to? I thought all its data was in the phone memory/storage.

It doesn't help that I've carelessly done things wrong a few times while doing a USB sync. I really have to restart the phone before doing it each time. It usually gets stuck on the phone at the Press OK when PC sync is done, and never gets to the last message that says synchronizing. So, I close it and maybe restart the phone, and then it and Palm DT are, well, out of sync with each other - one or the other thinks/knows it hasn't finished syncing and can't do a fresh one.

================================================== =
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level Apr. 1, 2017)
    DJO 4.3.4, build 1000; CL 7044
    Win10 x64, AU update; PalmDesktop 4.2

USB sync, usually one way as needed; not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Even with 4.3.4 DJO does still lock up on my phone. particulairy when adding a new event/item or modifying one. I did check the logfile but there's not much to go on in there (no 'readonly database' errors which I saw with 4.3.3).

Since rolling-back involves uninstalling DJO first I rather avoid that ('cos I am lazy and don't want to re-add it to alarm-exception for DnD and to battery/snooze exceptions ;-)) I do know that all versions up to and including 4.3.2 worked fine for me.
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.12 (1099) , CompanionLink 8022
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)