Thread: Duplicate Calendar Events

Duplicate Calendar Events

I am syncing Dejaoffice on an Android phone to Palm Desktop with CompanionLink. Several days ago the sync operation seemed to hang up. after several attempts, I have ended up with two of almost every calendar event going back to 2001.
    Palm Desktop does not show duplicate events; they just show on my phone. I tried deleting one of the unnecessary events on my phone and both events were deleted.
    How should I proceed?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 V.7
    CompanionLink Build 7042
    PC: Windows 7-64, IE11

HamRHead welcome to the forum

First off, let's see what the source of the duplicates are; in DejaOffice to go Sync Settings, and look down in the middle for "Sync with Android Calendar App". If possible, be sure this is off. There can be some issues with synchronizing with Google on the phone.

If the dupes are only on the phone, you can clear them in DejaOffice for Android. Go to Settings, Calendar Settings, and look down near the bottom for Merge Duplicate Records. This will merge them on the phone.

Another way to handle it is to Wipe the phone from the PC. From CompanionLink on the PC, select "Wipe" For the Calendar. This will reset the Calendar from the PC.

See if this helps. If you need further support email support@dejaoffice.com.

"Sync with Android Calendar App" is unchecked. The duplicates are only on the phone. I will try the Merge Duplicates Records solution. Thank you!