Thread: Custom alarm

Custom alarm

I have 2 phones - both are Samsung Note 4. both have DejaOffice installed. On the one phone I can see my custom alarms in the drop down in the calendar settings to choose in DejaOffice. In the new phone I cannot see the custom alarms. I have the alarm set to one of the custom alarm sounds in the custom sound app. I chose the default alarm and when I tick it in DejaOffice it sounds correct, but when DejaCalendar reminds me of an appointment it is using the notification sound for text messages.

The old phone has 4.3.2 and the new had 4.3.5 so I uninstalled 4.3.5 and installed 4.3.2 on the new phone still does not show the custom alarm.

I believe the custom sounds are .Wav or .MP4 files on your phones. It sounds like they are missing on the new phone.

You might want to use Samsung Smart Switch to move the music files.

DejaOffice doesn't create any sound files, but will use them if they are selected. So I think it's just a matter of moving the file from one phone to the other.

the sounds show up in the ringtones in DejaOffice just not the alarm. The sounds are saved in sd\alarms but still do not show up any longer in the alarms choices. Is there a special place they have to be saved for DejaOffice to recognize the custom alarm sounds

On my phone the custom alarm sound is stored in "sdcard/media/audio/notifications"

From there my DJO is able find the sound that I use for alarms, I currently use one of the standard sounds but the previous custom sound is available for me to select.

As I understand it DJO doesn't store the sound files but looks for the sound files in specific locations on the phone.

Of course your phone be different!

I use X-plore to navigate and manage files on my phone.

I hope this helps you.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Thanks Cecil!