Thread: Private Contacts Displayed in DJOA Contacts Widget

Private Contacts Displayed in DJOA Contacts Widget

After some experimenting I discovered that contacts marked as 'private' do not appear to display in the contacts widget.

Is this by design? Can it be overridden somewhere in the settings?

I keep certain contacts 'private' in Outlook for a particular reason, and of coarse that setting carries over for those contacts in DJOA after a sync. But I would like to see all my contacts in the widget. They are all certainly visible in the main app.

Thanks for the report. This was an oversight and has been fixed. Download the pre-release version on your phone:

https://www.dejaoffice.com/androidap...DejaOffice.apk

Thanks for the fix and a link to the apk!

I've side loaded apps before, but with regard to an app that is on Google Play, do I need to uninstall the Google Play version first before I install the apk? And if not, if I install the apk, will I be offered future updates from Google Play?

Will this fix be rolled into the next general release on Google Play?

Used to use the in-house downloads from the website a lot in the past. Can't remember if I had to uninstall but don't think I did. Try it and see, if you uninstall, the data file is left behind and picked up by the next install. If you need to revert to and older version you will have to uninstall before you can do that.

Any newer versions are usually picked up from Play Store as normal, the exception being if the Play Store version is the same as the one you already have installed.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

DejaJeff it is really smooth now. You are just installing a pre-release version.

When we post this same version, it will not change.

But when we post a higher version, it will automatically update to the Google Play store version after that.

Great! Exactly the answer I had hoped for :-)