+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple Device Sync?

Hybrid View

Multiple Device Sync?

A year or so ago I purchased Companion Link to keep my Outlook calendar and contacts on my PC synchronized my Android tablet using Deja Office (local WiFi)

I will soon be getting a second Android device (phone) and would like to know if I can also keep my phone synchronized with the same setup. It is not clear (to me) how to add an additional device in Companion Link. If not, what's the best way to do this without using the "cloud"?

DejaJeff, welcome to the forums.

You'll want to move up to CompanionLink Express. This version allows you to set up two profiles on your PC, for two Wi-Fi devices.

The price of CLX when you already own CLO is $39.95. Here's a link to the upgrade, along with a $10 August discount total $29.95.
    https://secure1.companionlink.com/bu...ountCode=AUG17

Ah yes, CLX. I remember that now. It was hard to find when I went looking on the website.

Thanks for the link! And also thanks letting me know about the August discount. This is exactly what I was trying to find.

If I may trouble you for one more question- Do I need to uninstall CLO before installing CLX, or can I install CLX as an upgrade over the top of CLO?

And if so, will CLX pick up my pre existing sync settings for my first device?

You should be able to overinstall CLX over CLO and it will upgrade. That system is not perfect, but works most of the time. (Sometimes if you go up and down a couple times it gets mixed up.)

Awesome, thank you!

I have CompanionLink for Outlook on my PC. I use it to sync Outlook Notes to DejaNotes on my iPhone.

I've recently got a 2nd iPhone. Can I use the CampionLink for Outlook I currently use to pair to both these phones and share the same Outlook Notes with both iPhones?

I saw the response to the initial question suggested CompanionLink Express for using 2 phones. Looking CompanionLink Express on the website indicates it's for use with Act! and IBM Notes.

For my "Outlook to 2 iPhones" desire, do I really need to switch to Express (which seems not to be for Outlook)?

Thanks!

Jim,

It depends on how you sync. Sync Method. For two phones, if you use DejaCloud sync or USB Sync, then both phones work fine. For Wi-Fi Sync you would need CompanionLink Express to make two different profiles, because you are pairing to two different devices.

That's all.

Express is the "minimum" for Act! and Notes, but also includes all "lower-level" destinations including Outlook, Palm Desktop and Exchange (Outlook.com).

Wayland

+ Reply to Thread