+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slightly different duplicate contacts issue

Slightly different duplicate contacts issue

I just got a new Samsung Note 8 yesterday and I noticed that I have duplicate contacts in the dialer. Outlook does not have duplicates nor does Deja Contacts nor does the Contacts app. The only duplicates show up when I check contacts in dialer. What's the easiest way to get rid of the duplicates there and not cause any other problems?

Thanks,
    Samsung Note 8 Android 7.1.1
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010
    Sync: WiFi

Hey Bob,

Usually this happens because you have separate contact databases on the phone.

The best way I've found is to just sent the right group to display.

In Android Contacts - select [...] and then Settings. Select "Contacts to Display". Choose "DejaOffice" instead of All Contacts.

Alternately you can look into your separate lists and try to figure out where Samsung is getting them all. I find it easier just to display the right list.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Hey Bob,

Usually this happens because you have separate contact databases on the phone.

The best way I've found is to just sent the right group to display.

In Android Contacts - select [...] and then Settings. Select "Contacts to Display". Choose "DejaOffice" instead of All Contacts.

Alternately you can look into your separate lists and try to figure out where Samsung is getting them all. I find it easier just to display the right list.
    That did the trick, thanks
    Samsung Note 8 Android 7.1.1
    DJO 4.3.6 (Build 1002)
    CLO 7046 Windows 10
    Outlook 2010
    Sync: WiFi

We found something different for Galaxy Note 8 only. Ring Tones only work if the Contact list is in the "Phone" account. For now we are assuming it's a Samsung bug, and maybe they'll fix it in an online release. But for Galaxy Note 8, it seems best to delete all the Native contacts, then set it to sync to "Phone" and push them from DejaOffice. This allows ring tones to be set per contact or per category.

+ Reply to Thread