Thread: Shortcuts will not show up on Android Home

Shortcuts will not show up on Android Home

I just upgraded my Google Pixel to the Google Pixel2 and when I try to put some of the shortcuts on my Android Home Screen they don't show up. I had to trouble with this on any other phone I've had. I'm using DejaOffice 4.3.6 (Build 1002) and Android 8.0.0

I know there are Widgets available but they are more than I'm looking for. I just want the simple shortcuts.

Thanks,

Robyne
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD Android ver. 4.4.2; PC OS-Vista 32 bit; Palm DeskTop-ver. 4.1.4; DJO-3.1.2, CL-6018, Wi-Fi Sync/Cloud Sync.

Be sure you are making your shortcut from Android Desktop

Go to Android Desktop, long press to get "Shortcuts and Widgets". Find DejaOffice. Choose "Widget" 1x1 (this is the way Android does shortcuts now). Move it to where you want. When you move it, it will show a lit of shortcuts to choose from. Choose the selected Shortcut.

The option to create shortcuts from within DejaOffice does not work with all Android launchers.

Yeah, it worked easily. But it wasn't obvious, I fighted a bit before recurring to the forum on a PC. Maybe put a note in the "shortcuts" section?

Can't find 1x1 widget.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Be sure you are making your shortcut from Android Desktop

Go to Android Desktop, long press to get "Shortcuts and Widgets". Find DejaOffice. Choose "Widget" 1x1 (this is the way Android does shortcuts now). Move it to where you want. When you move it, it will show a lit of shortcuts to choose from. Choose the selected Shortcut.

The option to create shortcuts from within DejaOffice does not work with all Android launchers.
    Hi,

I'm having the same trouble of not being able create shortcuts to the home screen on my My new Xiaomi Pocophone. I cannot find a 1x1 widget to utilise as an alternative.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    iggs

Just a suggestion have you by any chance installed DJOA on an SD card rather than Phone memory? Short cuts will not work if it is installed on an SD card.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

DejaOffice Team Member
    Cecil,

Due to the way the Android boots, if we are installed on the SD card it causes issues with the shortcuts and the "Native" android contacts that have synced in from DejaOffice, for this reason, currently we must be installed on the Local\Internal Storage.

DejaOffice Team Member
    Iggs,

If you are on the latest DejaOffice (build 4.4.14) you should be able to open the App, tap Shortcuts, select the shortcuts you would like, tap Done, then when prompted tap Add.

Alternatively, if you find an blank spot on your Android Home screen, tap and hold for about 3 seconds and select Widgets. Find DejaOffice on the list and select it. In the DejaOffice Widget folder, find 1x1 Shortcut, tap and hold this, drag it to the home screen behind and release, you should be prompted with a choice of which shortcut to add.

THansk Thomas. Yes, it's 4.4.14, and internal memory only. When I tap Shrotcuts and select the desired shortcuts, nothing happens. There is no 1x1 shortcut in the widgets folder.

This all worked fine on my Xiaomi Mi Note 2 running the same Miui version of android.