Thread: Issue with Clusb folder

Issue with Clusb folder

Hi,

The file Companionlink.db in my Internal
    Storage Clusb folder doesn't update, neither other files in this folder. ( when I check the file, it still has the same date the first time
    I installed Djoa )

Is there another folder than Clusb where you can find all the Djoa files?

By the way Djoa works fine, no issues.

Thank you for help,

Daniel

I even deleted the file Companionlink.db and everything still works well.

Daniel

I wonder if there is another copy of CLUSB hiding somewhere on your device. I find that the file layout can be confusing with the latest versions of Android.
    Cecil

Motorola Moto G5 Android 8.1.0
    DJO 4.4.11 (1091) Companionlink 7 (7046)
    ACT 16
    USB Sync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Lenovo Tab 4 8
    DJO 4.4.11(1091)
    WiFiSync
    Syncs to Android Contacts App only

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I wonder if there is another copy of CLUSB hiding somewhere on your device. I find that the file layout can be confusing with the latest versions of Android.
    Hi Cecil,

I checked my device but haven't found another file named Companionlink.be.
    But I suppose there should be another folder with the Djoa files but I can't find it.

Please see this thread if can help:
    https://www.dejaoffice.com/forums/sh...mpanionlink-db

Damjan
    now Samsung Galaxy S7, Android v7.0, DejaOffice (last)
    was Samsung Galaxy S2, Android v4.1.2, DejaOffice v3.2.15 (780)

Hi Damian,
    Thank you for your answer and your help.
    It is exactly the same issue.
    Daniel

Issue with clusb folder

DejaOffice 4.3.7

(I've read both threads and suggestions on this subject here.)

I installed DejaOffice 4.3.7 with defaults to Android N 7.1.1 on Razer Phone.

Then went into DejaOffice to create default database and used the exit button as previously suggested, but no clusb folder was created anywhere on the phone, including root, etc.

I've tried copying over an existing clusb from my other Android M phones, but DejaOffice doesn't load, or seem to see that directory, or files within.

I've also tried uninstalling completely, then installed previous DejaOffice release and same problem persists.

Anyone that has a cure, or suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Paralipses, welcome to the forum.

The general issue is that Android Phones do not handle storage like a PC, with a hard drive or drive letter. Android tends to virtualize the storage, and as a part of that it makes it hard to find stuff.

So add a Contact in DejaOffice, then Exit, then come back in. If the contact is still there that means that there IS a clusb folder somewhere on the phone. If it is blank then it means the database is not getting created but no error is being thrown. For further help send this issue to support@dejaoffice.com and we can help you on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Paralipses, welcome to the forum.

The general issue is that Android Phones do not handle storage like a PC, with a hard drive or drive letter. Android tends to virtualize the storage, and as a part of that it makes it hard to find stuff.

So add a Contact in DejaOffice, then Exit, then come back in. If the contact is still there that means that there IS a clusb folder somewhere on the phone. If it is blank then it means the database is not getting created but no error is being thrown. For further help send this issue to support@dejaoffice.com and we can help you on the phone.
    Thank you for the welcome.

I am aware of Android and Linux storage functions. In this case Nougat 7.1.1 .

Another wipe / install, along with adding a contact created the file. (Why it wasn't saved / created the first few times I do not know.)

Thank you for your help.

For those who may be looking for the default location for clusb and files contained within - in Android Nougat 7.1.1, it is:

\data\data\com.companionlink.clusbsync\app_clusb\c lusb

(The last clusb has a separation between the 'c' and the 'l' that won't go away, sorry.)

Also please note that _after_ copying companionlink.db to the new location, you must set permissions for companionlink.db to 666 , OR you will get error message. After setting 666 it will briefly say "updating database for different device" and then all your contacts / calendar entries should be transferred.

Probably can't find that, or copy, or make permission changes without root. So might be helpful if Deja folk force the default to the emulated sdcard location, or give that option as other apps do, so no root needed in the future for reinstall, or installation to a new phone.
    Last edited by paralipses; 01-19-2018 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Thanks. Glad it worked out.

It doesn't work to put the data on sdcard because sdcard is not present on some phones when the OS boots, so alarms and widgets can't get set. It needs to be on local phone storage to get all the features.