+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you make it so DejaTasks stays on the same day when checking items off?

Can you make it so DejaTasks stays on the same day when checking items off?

Hello, I used DejaTasks to keep track of my daily to-do lists, but I find it extremely frustrating that checking items off the list causes the app to either regress to the very top of the screen (past any unfinished tasks on previous days and all the way up to the "No Due Date" section) or progress to the next iteration of a recurring item (even if it's months away). When I'm going through my to-do list for the day, I would like the app to stay on that day so I can check more than one item off without having to constantly re-navigate back to the correct day. I find it very inefficient and maddening right now to use the app. I've made this suggestion multiple times during interactions with support agents, but no changes have ever been made, so I figured I would try the forum instead. Please let me know if it's possible to make this change, as I would prefer to continue using DejaTasks instead of switching to a whole separate app.

Thank you very much,
    Mike

Mike,

I'm working on this. There are 4 interrelated settings for tasks. I need to know your settings. Click on the 3 dots and and tell me:

Show
    Sort By
    Group By
    Show Completed

That way I can see the problem you are reporting. Thanks.

Thank you very much for the speedy response. Below are my settings (I'm using an iPhone 7 with the most recent ios and DejaOffice updates):

View Settings
    Group by None
    Sort By Due Date

Filter Settings
    All Tasks
    Show Completed is unchecked (completed tasks are hidden)

If there is any other information you need, just let me know.

Thanks!

Ok. I got this submitted. I should have an update soon.

Hello, I wanted to check on the progress of the DejaTasks update. Have you been able to make any of the changes mentioned?

I'll ping the programmer on this.

Has there been any progres on improving the usability of the DejaTasks app?

Also, the font recently seems extra large when I edit or create appointments in the calendar or create or edit a task in DejaTasks. The font sizes on the monthly calendar view, when I view an appointment, and on the DejaTasks list view are good, but when I try to create a new appointment or task or when I try to edit an appointment or task, the text gets significantly larger. I have the Global Font Scale set to "Small," and the DejaTasks font is set to "Business Size." Is there some other setting that may have been altered to make those specific areas I mentioned appear so much larger?

Thanks,
    Mike

Woop. What phone do you have, iPhone or Android?

An iPhone 7. The DejaOffice release is 2.2.4.

LOL ok. Most posts on our forum are under the appropriate tag. I had been working with the Android developer.

I'll send this to the iPhone developer.

+ Reply to Thread