+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Calendar notifications snooze/dismiss on lock screen

Calendar notifications snooze/dismiss on lock screen

Is there an easy way of dismissing a calendar event alarm when it appears on the lock screen? Swiping it away just seems to snooze it. The only way I've found of dismissing it is to tap twice to open Deja Office, then hit dismiss. Is it possible to set things up so that swiping the notification does a dismiss instead of a snooze? I never use snooze anyway.

Android 8.0.0 on OnePlus 3.

Mikehc, welcome to the forums.

This is great timing. When Android 7 was new, we were very dismayed by the changes in the notifications. In older Android versions our "Snooze/Dismiss" buttons were visible, and you could dismiss with one tap. This functionality was removed in Android 7 by adding a slide gesture to expose the buttons. And as you note, the lock screen does not even allow that much.

I think we held out hope that Google would "fix" this, since we perceived it to be an error. But at this point we are resigned that it is here to stay.

We will be reviewing our notification panel this week, to add as much functionality we can on the Lock Screen and also the Notification list, as allowed by Android 7 and 8. Look for changes in the next release. There may be a new setting that will control whether a swipe is a snooze or a dismiss.

Great - yes, for me it would be perfect simply to have the option to control whether swiping is a snooze or a dismiss.

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread