+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is DejaOffice and CL8 ready to work in Oreo?

Question Is DejaOffice and CL8 ready to work in Oreo?

I am seriously thinking about upgrading my Galaxy S7 Edge to an S9 which is being offered with all sorts of pre-order promotions. My primary concern is, of course, has DejaOffice been readied to work seamlessly on the new Android OS 8 (Oreo)?
    I've been using DejaOffice and CL since 2012 with only 2 or 3 serious problems (all resolved with the outstanding support team there in Portland!) and I intend to keep using it.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

RJLOMMD thanks for the kudos!

Yes, we work great with Oreo. No issues there.

We found on the Note 8 that Samsung slipped a few bugaboos into their part of the UI. I expect the same from Galaxy S9. What we saw with Note 8 was some curious stuff with Ringtones and how they attache to native Android records. We weren't the only one, nearly every ringtone app had issues with this.

None of that directly affected DejaOffice, but we had some research for the part where we set the ringtone.

In any case, our Galaxy S9+ is guaranteed delivery in a week, so we'll have one right here to play with! Looks like good stuff.

Thanks DJOCTO! With what you've told me my "pre-order" will go in tomorrow. And as long as Chris L is still with you I know I'll great support if needed! Please pass my regards on to him.
    Mobile Device and OS: Samsung GALAXY S9+ SM-G965U for Verizon [03/18/16] Android version 8 (Oreo)
    DejaOffice version# 4.4.9 (1076)
    CompanionLink for Outlook 8 (build 8004) downloaded & installed 10/31/2017 on WINDOWS 10 Pro
    Data Manager App Outlook (Office 365)
    Sync Method with CompanionLink: ADB Mode
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Contact account: "Phone" Calendar account: rlevine.droid@gmail

Yep Chris will be handling the Galaxy S9 "Boom"

+ Reply to Thread