Thread: Can't find folder "clusb" and file "companionlink.db" on my Galaxy S5

Can't find folder "clusb" and file "companionlink.db" on my Galaxy S5

I used to rename/delete the clusb folder on my Nexus S smartphone and on my Nexus10 tablet to get a clean start (e.g. when I have a lot of obsolete categories).

My problem is that I can't find clusb and companionlink.db on my Galaxy S5. Where does DejaOffice store its data on this device?

Software versions:

Samsung Galaxy S5:
    Android-Version 6.0.1
    DejaOffice Version 4.3.9 (build 1025)

Notebook:
    Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
    CompanionLink Professional for Outlook, Version 7.0.50.0

Thanks for help.

Hello,
    I've had a similar problem.
    With the newest build of DJO (1038) on my Samsung S6 Edge, (which doesn't have an expansion storage card) I couldn't find the companionlink.db file anymore, which previously was located in the clusb folder and which one could backup manually (under general settings/logging and support settings/backup datatbase). This manual backup apparently does not work anymore, ie: if you chose this function you get a message telling you where the manual backup is stored, but it doesn't exist.
    I searched high and low and came to the conclusion that all the files like companionlink.db, alarms.db etc. are now all zipped to log.zip whenever you add a new item to DJO. This zip file is stored on your phone most likely in /sdcard/clusb/.
    Hope this is the same for on your Galaxy S5 .
    It would have been nice if the developers had alerted us to the fact that there has been this big change. I have no idea when it occurred! Maybe quite some time and builds ago.
    I hope to stand corrected if my assumption is wrong.
    So a request as well: could the manual database update function be brought back?
    Many thanks to all
    PC: Windows 10, 64 bit
    CompanionLink Express Ver 8 build #8018
    Data Manager App: PDT for Windows 4. 1. 4 & 6. 2
    Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (SM-T813) -> Android 7
    Samsung Galaxy J5 Dual SIM (Android 7.1.1)
    Samsung Note 8 (Android 8)
    Android DJO Version: 4.4.11 (1093)
    Windows DJO Version 1.1.7.61
    Sync Method to DejaCloud for now
    DJO Sync Settings for Contacts: with Android Contacts App
    DJO Sync Settings for Calendar: Not selected

Quote Originally Posted by filochard View Post
    I used to rename/delete the clusb folder on my Nexus S smartphone and on my Nexus10 tablet to get a clean start (e.g. when I have a lot of obsolete categories).

My problem is that I can't find clusb and companionlink.db on my Galaxy S5. Where does DejaOffice store its data on this device?
    On my S5, when I set it for File transfer, I have 2 folders, Phone and Card. Under Phone, it's right in the list, as clusb. I make a copy of the whole clusb folder daily, to include in my regular computer backup. If I need to restore a db file, I know it's within that folder. It's easier to just drag that whole folder to the computer than to pull out the single file, it's not too large, and I regularly delete older than a week versions in the computer.

FWIW, when I was trying to free up space by moving apps to the card, it warned me the DJO might not work well from the card so I left it on the phone.

Marjory
    ===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017)
    DJO 4.4.2, build 1038; CL 7050
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator update, v 1709; PalmDesktop 4.2

Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts
    Last edited by marjoryb98; 04-29-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Marjorie is right. When moved to the card, the card is not always present when the phone launches. This seems to affect Alarms, and also Widgets, which don't get updated correctly after a reboot. Better to have DJO on the phone side of the memory and not sd card.