Thread: DJOA - Display Multiple Category Colors on Calendar Events (esp. Week View)?

Question DJOA - Display Multiple Category Colors on Calendar Events (esp. Week View)?

Hi there,

In Outlook if a Calendar Event has multiple Categories (each with a different color), then the additional Category colors are shown in the bottom-right corner. I can't figure out how to achieve this effect (or something similar) in DJOA, particularly the Week View. Am I missing something, or is this functionality not available?

Thanks!
    Devices: Motorola Moto G 5 Plus, Android 7.0. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3.
    Software: Windows 10 Pro x64. Outlook 2016. Deja Office 4.3.9 (build 1025).

You know what? I never noticed that.

I don't use multiple categories often.

I'll put it in our spec for the next update.

Wonderful -- thank you!

I'm still not seeing this feature implemented yet. I'm on 4.4.11 (build 1087). Any ETA on when we might see this, especially for Week view?

Thanks!

There's been several updates now. Is this still on the roadmap for being included? I would find it very useful!

I apologize for the delay. Our development focus shifted to DejaOffice for PC (same programmer). We just put out a DJOA update but mostly to switch the location services over from Google - because they started charging us $0.05 per lookup - a huge increase in price.

I still think showing muliple categories on the Calendar will go into DPC (DejaOffice PC) this month, and DJOA by the end of the year.

Can you help me out - is there a way in Outlook to show the dominant color verses the accessory colors? Is it done in order you added them, or alpha order? It would seem logical there there is a need for one to be the primary category and the others being secondary "attirbutes" for instance.

Thanks much for the reply, and that's all very understandable!

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Can you help me out - is there a way in Outlook to show the dominant color verses the accessory colors? Is it done in order you added them, or alpha order? It would seem logical there there is a need for one to be the primary category and the others being secondary "attirbutes" for instance.
    Great questions! Outlook determines which is primary/dominant by the order you add them. And the last one added will be the one that is primary (so basically it stacks them, with the last category being the one on "top"). DejaOffice (Android) works similarly in that the order determines which is primary, but DJO adds them opposite of Outlook (ie, the first Category added in DJO will be primary, and any additional categories are added after). I think that the way DJO adds categories, and the way it currently determines which will be primary, all makes intuitive sense and I would not change anything with that. Additionally, the categories are in the correct order on both platforms (and they currently sync in the correct order) so there's nothing to change there. The only difference is that Outlook "pushes" existing categories down the stack in order to put the newest one on "top," but there's nothing you can do about that (and people who use Outlook will be used to that in the Outlook context anyway).

I'm going to try to attach an image of a calendar event with multiple categories. Basically, all of the additional colors are shown as bars in the bottom right corner.

2018-11-11 16_07_28-Calendar - Personal Folders - Outlook.jpg

Let me know if you have additional questions! I really appreciate your interest in implementing this feature!