+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Samsung S5 Pull Down - Dismiss Events - Notification Pull Down - Not Active????

Samsung S5 Pull Down - Dismiss Events - Notification Pull Down - Not Active????

Greetings All,

I recently had to replace my S5 with a new one (not a fan of the newer phones.)

After initially re-installing Deja Office I noticed the following:

A timed calendar event would come up. I was able to "dismiss" the event directly from the pull down/notification area without having to open the event or got to the calendar.

Shortly after the fresh install of DJO: about 1 week or 2 later, I find I'm no longer able to dismiss calendar events from the pull down.

Instead, I have to either open the event up from the drop down/notification pop up or go directly to the calendar and then open the event to dismiss it.

It was rather convenient to dismiss an event directly.

I've looked/browsed through the various settings sub-menus and am unable to locate if this is a feature I've inadvertently turned off or am even able to turn on.

I do not have a bunch of other programs loaded that show up in the pull down/notification area of the S5. Emails, missed phone calls/phone vm/ and the general standard stuff shows up there.

I don't have FB Twitter, Instagram on my phone either so the pull down/notification area is essentially sterile most of the time.

I'd be most appreciative of anyone who has some finer advanced understanding of DJO to provide insight.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

SplitHHO

SplitHHO, welcome to the forum.

> I recently had to replace my S5 with a new one

A new S5, or a higher level Samsung phone like an S8?

For a higher level phone, you need to learn a new stroke. Android OS now requires that you swipe down on the notification to reveal the Snooze/Dismiss button. That's all.

You get used to it.

+ Reply to Thread