Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alarms defaulting to ringtone

Alarms defaulting to ringtone

Updates 1045 and 1047 are defaulting to the default ringtone as the default alarm. Have returned to 1043.

Android 8.0
    Samsung Galaxy 8+

We are checking on this.

Under newest beta 1051 problem still persists. Also, the options to Play sound, Calendar Alarm sound, Task Alarm sound and Vibrate disappear under Alarm settings. Since I have to reset EVERYTHING when I revert back to 1043 (something that hasn't happened until the last to attempts at updating), I will remain with 1043 until something posted that this problem is resolved.

Beta 1056 still has alarm not functioning correctly.

Release 1063 still has this problem? I can't find the 'set default ringtone' option under settings (alarm setting) anywhere? It's annoying to have my (loud) phonecall ringtone used as default event reminder. I *can* set a specific ringtone per event but that's not how it should work.
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.12 (1099) , CompanionLink 8022
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

Rollback to 1038 fixes this issue, in that the options are available to set in Settings->Alarm Settings again.

After that you can upgrade to the newest build (1064) and it will keep those settings. I don't dare look into Settings->Alarm Settings in that build for now, as the current settings are fine for me
    -Frans

Turns out that the alarm options have now changed to Sound and Vibrate settings in the Alarm Settings menu (build 1064 at least possible 1061 and later, didn't check). That directs to an Android setting. Android now totally controls these tones so any defaults are now set by/in Android itself. That's for Android 8 (Oreo) at least, as that's what I'm running.
    -Frans

Yes, that's true. We upped the notification system from Android 6 to Android 8 (the API rules have changed) and this is the new intended behavior.

Still confused...

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Yes, that's true. We upped the notification system from Android 6 to Android 8 (the API rules have changed) and this is the new intended behavior.
    That makes sense - to use the Android system for notifications.

One question... shouldn't the alarm for DJO calendar events or tasks use the Android "Default notification ringtone" rather than the "Phone ringtone?"

I ask because I have different phone and default notification ringtones set in Android, and DJO calendar alarms are using the phone ringtone.

Device - OnePlus 5T running Android Oreo (8.1.0) with OxygenOS 5.1.2 overlay, and DJO 4.4.5 (build 1064).

Thanx in advance for any help in understanding how to make DJO use different tone for events than a phone call - makes me think I have to answer a call when instead I have an appointment I'm supposed to be at. ;-)

KATrimels

DejaOffice Team Member
    Kat,

Give this a try for me, uninstall the current DejaOffice and use the following link to reinstall (Use the Internet browser not chrome):

http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp...4_4_2_1038.apk

Once reinstalled, check the Default tone. It should be correct. Now use the Play store to update to the latest version. Do the tones stay correct?