+ Reply to Thread

Thread: USB sync won't finish

USB sync won't finish

This just started in the past day or so, and perhaps is related to an update to DJO in my phone. It was at DJO 4.4.2, build 1038, and is now at 4.4.3, build 1062.
    Doing a USB sync, on the phone when it appears to be done (based on the message on the computer in Companion Link), the phone message stays on "Press OK when the PC sync is complete" with the arrow spinning. Last night I finally tapped OK, and then got a message saying that it couldn't find the DJO database. Among the options was to restore a database dated that day. Took a deep breath and did that, and all was fine - recent changes on each side were indeed synced and the same.
    Right now I'm sitting here watching it spin, and don't think it will stop. How can I deal with this without risking losing my data? Is it something in the new update to DJO?

===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017)
    DJO 4.4.3, build 1062; CL 7050
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803; PalmDesktop 4.2

Local WiFi sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

Update - I stopped the message on the phone and things seemed to be synced. But, at least one item I had changed in PDT did not change in DJO.

Marjory,

We have responded to you directly via email.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Marjory,

We have responded to you directly via email.
    Thanks, I've gotten some useful emails and some help on the phone, but it's still happening. I'll be in contact with support again tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I'd like to hear from anyone else who is using DJO on a Samsung S5, which is what I have. I really think my problems started around June 6 or 7, about when a couple of DJO updates came out. The other possibility I've thought of is that something in the big April 2018 Windows 10 update, which I got around May 24th, is triggering this; I know ir messed up a feature in Norton Security, and who knows what other programs have needed to accommodate for it. Or, perhaps Norton Security in my phone is interfering with DJO? I may try disabling it and trying to sync then.

Below are the details of my current versions of all these programs
    ===============================================
    Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1 (security patch level August 1, 2017)
    DJO 4.4.6, build 1068; CL 7061.6
    Win10 x64, Fall Creator/April 2018 update, v 1803; PalmDesktop 4.2

USB sync --- manual syncing, as needed
    Not syncing to native Android calendar or contacts

+ Reply to Thread