+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today and calendar home screen widgets don't update

Today and calendar home screen widgets don't update

I'm running DJO v4.4.4 build 1063 on my galaxy s9.
    I've placed the today and calendar widgets in the home screen panel(s).
    after doing a calendar/contact update from office the updated events do not show in either widget.

If I hit the 3 dots on the today widget, then change nothing and hit the checkmark the today screen might update.
    doing the same on the calendar widget no updates occur.

the only way to get an update is to delete and re-establish the widget

any help is appreciated, thanks

Update

UPDATE
    it seems that overhight the widgets DID update.
    so how can I control how frequently the widget updates and when ???
    thanks

Billy,

The latest 1063's widget should update every time and an event is added, saved, or modified.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Billy,

The latest 1063's widget should update every time and an event is added, saved, or modified.
    It doesn't do that, it takes it sweet time to reflect updates to events. You can force a refresh by going into Settings->General and change the UI version from 3 to 4 or 4 to 3, but that's a bit troublesome

Edit-to-add: even easier to see the problem is going into DejaToday's settings (... menu) and deselect/select Calendar/Tasks to display. When you exit settings, that change won't show either.

It seems to me the Today widget only refreshes on some schedule but not based on events or changes. It did update by itself after 15-20 minutes just now for example. I'm fairly sure this happened when still on Android 7 (last week) as well, had the update to Android8 this weekend.
    Last edited by fpostma; 06-11-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.5 (1069) , CompanionLink 8018
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

We just made a correction for the 4x4 update interval, it should be available on the app store before the day is out.

If you would like to try it immediately, use the following link to run a small update on the Android:

https://www.dejaoffice.com/androidap...DejaOffice.apk

That build indeed works MUCH better, instantly removes a task I've completed.
    -Frans

The refresh doesn't trigger when I complete a task via the 'completed' button within a notification popup (on lockscreen in this case). It does mark the task completed fine, it just doesn't trigger a refresh (at least not immediatly as it doesn't when completing in task in Today itself).
    -Frans

Sean/Dejaoffice Team .....
    please again review this issue, thanks.
    Something is still preventing "IMMEDIATE" updating the widget for Today and Calendar which I use and depend on.
    I add a calendar entry in OUTLOOK and/or change a calendar entry in OUTLOOK....then I do a transfer to android via companionlink and the widget doesn't IMMEIDATELY show updated calendar or today events. As I previously said after some interval the widgets update. The updated or new calendar entries IMMEDIATELY do show updated in the dejacalendar not the widget after the upload to android is completed.

If IMMEDIATE update isn't practical or doable then I suggest a setting controlling update internal, eg, update every 1 min, 5 min, etc

UPDATE
    I downloaded v4.4.5 from the link above and retested..... the widgets DID update after the transfer to android completed.
    HOWEVER pressing the PLUS on the widget to add an event does NOT go to add an event.
    Last edited by dickybilly; 06-11-2018 at 07:19 PM.

dickybilly, can you clarify here.

The issue at this point is: pressing the PLUS on the widget to add an event does NOT go to add an event.

I tried this on the DejaToday widget, and it went to the DejaToday app, with the popup option to add a task or add an event. Is this what you are talking about?

using 4.4.5 pressing the plus on the today widget when I first d/l'ed and installed DID NOT go to add event/task.... for some reason now it does...lol
    I don't know what triggered the change.

pressing the plus on the calendar widget immediately goes to the add calendar entry screen

+ Reply to Thread