Thread: Build 1064 android 8 complains about it using lots of battery?

Build 1064 android 8 complains about it using lots of battery?

Since installing build 1064 (for the refresh fix in the Deja Today widget) my Samsung S7 'device maintenance' thing complains about 'Deja Office' using 1.2% battery per hour. That's fine with me but was wondering if more people have noticed increased battery usage with the newest deja office?
    -Frans

Samsung Galaxy s7, stock rom 8,0, not-rooted
    DJO 4.4.12 (1099) , CompanionLink 8022
    Outlook 2016 (32bit), sync via DejaCloud (native sync Contacts only)

Frans, mine is running fine. Try rebooting your phone and see if it stays high.

I have a DejaToday widget, a month view widget, and a contact widget and I use DejaCloud sync.

Suspects for power usage are Widgets, Wi-Fi Sync (searching for the hub), or DejaCloud in the case that a full sync is failing so it is retrying.

We'll be testing here today.

Will test some more, it does seem to use a bit more than previous builds. I only have the Deja Today widget (and some shortcuts but those don't count as widget surely) I only notice the higher usage because the 'device maintenance' thing complained about it. I rather not rollback to a previous build to compare as this build right now does everything I want it to.

Would be interesting to hear your test results.
    -Frans

DejaOffice Team Member
    As you mentioned we did make some changes to help DejaToday update more frequently, I have seen a small increase on our inhouse devices but it still shows less that 1%, but of course more frequent updating would mean more use. I will keep monitoring on our devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    As you mentioned we did make some changes to help DejaToday update more frequently, I have seen a small increase on our inhouse devices but it still shows less that 1%, but of course more frequent updating would mean more use. I will keep monitoring on our devices.
    Thanks for the info. Mine shows about 1.2% on a regular s7, which I'm fine with. I'll just disable the nagging from 'device maintenance' and all will be well in my world
    -Frans

DejaOffice Team Member
    Frans,

We corrected another issue with the Copy\Paste function and it appeared to also effect the battery usage as well. The DejaToday 4x1 widget still might show an increase but all others should be back to normal. This update should be on the app store shortly.

Build as on app store/play store does indeed no longer eat as much battery. Thanks!
    -Frans