+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New icons in Notification Area for Tasks etc.

Thumbs down New icons in Notification Area for Tasks etc.

Prior to the latest couple of versions (I'm on 1069), the tasks (and calendar items) that came up in the Android notifications area had text values: Snooze, Dismiss, Complete. Now they have icons. The Snooze is pretty easy to spot, but the distinction between the Dismiss and Complete is subtle. When there are ONLY two icons showing (in the summary view) I can't tell if it's Dismiss or Complete - in additon to Snooze?

What's the deal? Which icons is which, when? Can they be made more distinctive?

TIA,
    Paolo

Paolo, welcome to the forums.

you can go back to the "words" if you go to DejaOffice Settings, Alarm Settings, notification style "Android 6".

I'll work on making Dismiss and Complete more distinct.

Paolo, I checked with the programmer.

It is an Android limitation that when the notification is in "icon mode" it can show two icons at most. So it shows Snooze and Dismiss.

As far as I can see, it never shows a third option for "Complete".

Does a third icon show for you? If so, then that is phone model dependent so I need to know your phone model.

Quote Originally Posted by DJOCTO View Post
    Paolo, I checked with the programmer.

It is an Android limitation that when the notification is in "icon mode" it can show two icons at most. So it shows Snooze and Dismiss.

As far as I can see, it never shows a third option for "Complete".

Does a third icon show for you? If so, then that is phone model dependent so I need to know your phone model.
    Hi, Thanks for clarifying which icons are visible.

My phone is a OnePlus 5T.

There seem to be two modes for the notifications on the Notifications screen. When the notification is at its smallest (I presume this is icon mode) I can see two icons at right. However, if I sweep downwards, it expands to show all three icons at left (previously, it showed text here).

Thanks for making the Dismiss and Complete icons more distinct. That's what I was principally after.

Paolo

By the way, where can I find out what these new icons mean?
    OnePlus 5T Running Android 8.1.0 with Oxygen 5.1.3
    DejaOffice version#4.4.7 (1069)
    CompanionLink build #*018
    Data Manager App Outlook
    WiFi Sync
    DejaOffice Sync Settings for Contacts and Calendar. - Please include the "Account" Selected to Sync with for Contacts and or Calendar.

+ Reply to Thread